U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,745,947 times
Default Oklahoma's Own Renaissance Faire....

Today my family and I attended the 14th Annual Oklahoma Renaissance Faire. We had a great time, dressed in our "period" garb and browsing the booths. It was coldddddddd because of all the rain so My Wonderful Husband bought my daughter and myself a cloak. Now I am decked out for The Boares Heade Feaste in the fall also. I also stopped into the Heart's Delight clothing booth for new laces for my bodice, (they also needed tightening, hubby just don't do it tight enough). The word around the Faire is you haven't been laced like the Ladies at Heart's Delight do it. Breathing is shallowed, as is quick movement. Don't even think about lunch. I also returned a skirt I bought there two years ago, have worn three or four times and the dye has washed out in one area so it appears bleached. They gave me a straight even trade. I was very impressed.
Hearts Delight Website

My daughter has decided she wants a "Belly Dancer" costume for next year. Figures, so if I buy her the costume she has to take the lessons to go with it and...they ain't real easy. I think there is somewhere in Tulsa that has them. She will enjoy that. I might even join her. Depends. I have made it a direct co-relation to how much I have "spread" over the years is how much I do my best to cover. Since there is more to cover, I work much harder at it. We will see. The dancers I have seen so far are quite healthy... not Twiggy by any stretch of the style. Of course, Hubby says I would do great at it.

If you have a free weekend and wish to be entertained, please stop by. It is great fun and amusement. My mother just didn't understand because you know, "It isn't even real!" I asked her how better to spend a day in an imaginary place, with imaginary people, doing totally fun things!!! Take a break from mundane reality. Who would have ever thought something like this would be in Muskogee!!!

HOME*-*The Castle of Muskogee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 07:11 AM

25,088 posts, read 11,219,582 times
I have only been to one Renaissance Faire, and that was years ago. They are a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind going again.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 AM

7,172 posts, read 9,696,176 times
I believe you can find a belly dancer class at a storefront location where the Broken Arrow Expressway, east bound, exits for Yale on 31st. I don't recall the name of the place, but I remember noting the word bellydancing..........If that doesn't work, go over to Shishkabobs for lunch. It is on the NE corner of 31st and Garnett.....back in the corner near Radio Shack......it is persian food (I believe the owners came here from Iran when the Shah was overturned during the late 70's). They have really good food, including flaffel and gyros......and their persian ice cream......made with rosewater and pistachio nuts is very good.......but they frequently have belly dancing during their evening meals.....or at least they used to. But they will know where to get lessons......if not a class, they will know who gives private ones.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 PM

3,701 posts, read 5,888,353 times
One of my tenants ages ago taught belly dancing. It was funny, she also had a toddler, a little girl, who learned right along with walking. It was a real hoot, watching a kid in diapers trying to do a hip roll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma