Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
You are an honorary member of the Okie Pack Rat coalition. Don has all his mother's possessions in the house and in the shed. He absolutely will not part with any of it. Even old polyester clothes from the 70's are here.

I did manage to throw away 3 glad trash bags about a month ago. But the garage/carport/shed has not been touched. There is barely enough room to park the lawn mower in there.

I am always ashamed to open the shed doors for more than a few seconds and I always make sure no cars are going by when I do!

We don't even go to the antique stores much anymore because we have soooo much junk already.
There's always ebay. It still makes me cringe when my sister tells me about the things she's either given away or donated. Especially the original Tom Swift books and such. Somewhere she still has [I think] my gran's old Singer treadle sewing machine, but the last time I saw it, it was being used as a table in her foyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
There's always ebay. It still makes me cringe when my sister tells me about the things she's either given away or donated. Especially the original Tom Swift books and such. Somewhere she still has [I think] my gran's old Singer treadle sewing machine, but the last time I saw it, it was being used as a table in her foyer.
Yes, we have one of those too. They are cool, aren't they? Hey, you could be rich if you sold all your junk, I mean "extraneous" possessions.

When I saw this thread title, I thought you were going to say you got your new computer hooked up and online!

Old 06-06-2009, 08:49 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,497,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Party at Kari's house!
Toad trip, Jammie!!! can I catch a ride, with you??

Old 06-07-2009, 06:50 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Toad trip, Jammie!!! can I catch a ride, with you??
You sure can!!!! Have you ever been down to OK? I think you'd find eastern OK to be very nice AND it's warmer then up here. We really liked the Grove area, but Tulsa is very nice for being such a large city. I'm not sure where Kari lives, but I'll bet we could find her.

Oh yea, and they're having 80 some degrees down there today while we may not even hit 60 so I say that we should head out now.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
You sure can!!!! Have you ever been down to OK? I think you'd find eastern OK to be very nice AND it's warmer then up here. We really liked the Grove area, but Tulsa is very nice for being such a large city. I'm not sure where Kari lives, but I'll bet we could find her.

Oh yea, and they're having 80 some degrees down there today while we may not even hit 60 so I say that we should head out now.
Kari has two houses! You can stay in the one behind her house. But it's haunted.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Kari has two houses! You can stay in the one behind her house. But it's haunted.
It's also falling down. The past winter was hard on it. I'd suggest the storm cellar, but the neighbor who started fogging it said it was full of creepie-crawlies. Don't thing I'd wanna go down in it myself.

I did see a little fish in my streamlet yesterday, though I doubt if it would ever get big enough to fry.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It's also falling down. The past winter was hard on it. I'd suggest the storm cellar, but the neighbor who started fogging it said it was full of creepie-crawlies. Don't thing I'd wanna go down in it myself.

I did see a little fish in my streamlet yesterday, though I doubt if it would ever get big enough to fry.
Yes, I have to say, you do have a nice house and it is in a good area. Nice neighbor lady too. And she is shore-nuff purdy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: