U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 AM

13,387 posts, read 15,898,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
There are plenty of Californians here already because I see them driving on the freeways the same way they did in California. That's not going to git'r done here. Besides, troopers and other badges will still pull you over here.
It takes awhile for some out of staters,,to be specific, those from Californy. to realize that they're no longer living in the fast lane. I took me alittle while.

I wonder if the Beverly Hillbillies took ROUTE 66?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,309,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let what happened to the American Indians serve as a warning for the USA to remain strong.

Besides: there was plenty of Indian on Indian violence prior to 1492---------so it was not just a 'White' thing.
that is nothing to what we endured from the europeans. so dont even go there

Old 07-15-2009, 10:30 AM

31,357 posts, read 16,921,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let what happened to the American Indians serve as a warning for the USA to remain strong.

Besides: there was plenty of Indian on Indian violence prior to 1492---------so it was not just a 'White' thing.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/illegal-immigrant-control.jpg (broken link)

If the illegals brought diseases for whch the "whites" had no immunity, then you might have some comparison.

I don't think anyone said or implied it was a "white thing" or any other kind of race thing. Because the truth is, every race on every continent has some form of warfare.

The move to California was not restricted to the Dust Bowl, a great many moved for jobs around WWII. Just as small towns continue to dwindle, people still relocate for a variety of reasons.

So, by all means, remain strong.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM

330 posts, read 866,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It takes awhile for some out of staters,,to be specific, those from Californy. to realize that they're no longer living in the fast lane. I took me alittle while.

I wonder if the Beverly Hillbillies took ROUTE 66?.
You're right MK, just takes a bit to sink in.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:01 PM

16,102 posts, read 19,753,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post

If the illegals brought diseases for whch the "whites" had no immunity, then you might have some comparison.

I don't think anyone said or implied it was a "white thing" or any other kind of race thing. Because the truth is, every race on every continent has some form of warfare.

The move to California was not restricted to the Dust Bowl, a great many moved for jobs around WWII. Just as small towns continue to dwindle, people still relocate for a variety of reasons.

So, by all means, remain strong.
Actually they did. There was a strain of Syphllis from the Caribs that killed thousands in Spain and Italy in the 1500s. Nothing as bad as Smallpox but it did go both ways

Old 07-19-2009, 01:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,187,267 times
Except that I don't think the Indians got smallpox from raping the European explorers. Somehow I doubt that the sexual contact with Indians was 100% consensual.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 PM

3,714 posts, read 8,009,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Actually they did. There was a strain of Syphllis from the Caribs that killed thousands in Spain and Italy in the 1500s. Nothing as bad as Smallpox but it did go both ways
But it was the Europeans who went there, not the other way around. If I remember my history right, the Mandans were entirely wiped out by measles, which was one of those pesky little diseases brought by the Europeans.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 PM

16,102 posts, read 19,753,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
But it was the Europeans who went there, not the other way around. If I remember my history right, the Mandans were entirely wiped out by measles, which was one of those pesky little diseases brought by the Europeans.
You act as if the europeans brought those diseases intentionally. They had no idea they were bringing them.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM

31,357 posts, read 16,921,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No comparison. When you document going from 30,000 to 3,000 let us know.

Initially the diseases were not spread intentionally, but I read somewhere it was spread intentionally via blankets.

Anyway, this thread is not on indigenous/white history. Let's stay on topic.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 15,898,309 times
At one time, everyone thaught Polio was contagious........although it wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma