U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM

294 posts, read 502,855 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 PM

3,714 posts, read 8,084,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
You ever seen the Girls Gone Wild videos?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????????????? ?????
At least it's not as bad as Debbie Does Dallas.....

Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 AM

16,282 posts, read 19,777,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

I suppose I need to move MUCH farther North to escape this HELL called Summer in this part of the US.
A gentle reminder: it can pop into the 100's in the Dakota's as well, even Minot, North Dakota.

Bear in mind altitude, it changes the whole equation.

You could buy a house up in Kyle Canyon, 35 miles north of downtown Las Vegas, and at 7700 feet in altitude, it never gets above 85 degrees up there.
But you'll freeze to death in winter.

Or Flagstaff AZ or Santa Fe NM at 7000 feet. Doesn't get over 85 degrees in the summertime there in either place.

And never neglect the humidity/heat/feel factor. When it hits 110 degrees here in Las Vegas in summer with 5-10% humidity and I want to "cool off" I just look at the temp's across the southern U.S. or the eastern seaboard and factoring in heat and humidity, it cools me off immediately.

And if you really want to cool off in the middle of summer for a few weeks, go SOUTH, my friend, all the way to Argentina or Chile or Australia where the seasons are reversed. Summer here, winter there, summer there, winter here.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 AM

16,282 posts, read 19,777,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
My sister-inlaw lives OK,her step-son just died from the heat,the drugs that he was on did not help the situtation. Its still cool back here in Pa, 70 during the day, and 50 at night.
And anyone that does any kind of weather watching knows it could sail into the 80's and 90's next week up there with crippling humidity. You're having a cool summer, SO FAR! But the rest of the summer? OK posters may well find the PA threads and have the last laugh!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 AM

272 posts, read 843,701 times
Picture to help you cool off,Pocono Mts.My front yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Is It Getting Hot Enough For You Today In Oklahoma?-picture-056.jpg  

Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 AM

3,238 posts, read 7,787,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And anyone that does any kind of weather watching knows it could sail into the 80's and 90's next week up there with crippling humidity. You're having a cool summer, SO FAR! But the rest of the summer? OK posters may well find the PA threads and have the last laugh!
That's what I've been saying. OK is hot, VERY hot, but the humidity is much lower than NJ in the summer. I would rather be able to get out of the heat by sitting in the shade than being unable to go ANYWHERE that you can breathe. Sometimes in NJ and other high humidity places you feel like you're swimming as you walk aroound.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:40 AM

294 posts, read 502,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
That's what I've been saying. OK is hot, VERY hot, but the humidity is much lower than NJ in the summer. I would rather be able to get out of the heat by sitting in the shade than being unable to go ANYWHERE that you can breathe. Sometimes in NJ and other high humidity places you feel like you're swimming as you walk aroound.

Absolutely. I find it bearable here for short periods of time, at least. It wasn't at all in the humidity in SC or even Maine. And anyone here in OK talking about humidity I pretty much laugh, cuz on weather.com it says something like 10-25%, the highest I've seen is 40% I dont even think it EVER gets that low on the east coast. But anyone who makes a living landscaping or building or whatever... man, I feel bad for them! I couldn't do it. But it was the same with Maine winters, I couldn't work outside in below zero temps like my Dad has to.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:26 AM

3,714 posts, read 8,084,214 times
I just checked weatherunderground. It's nearly 97 here now, supposed to hit 103. But the humidity is 45%. STL is only 78 degrees, but the humidity is 92%. I like this better. I don't much enjoy feeling like I'm breathing water.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,104,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Absolutely. I find it bearable here for short periods of time, at least. It wasn't at all in the humidity in SC or even Maine. And anyone here in OK talking about humidity I pretty much laugh, cuz on weather.com it says something like 10-25%, the highest I've seen is 40% I dont even think it EVER gets that low on the east coast.
Quote:
But anyone who makes a living landscaping or building or whatever.
.. man, I feel bad for them! I couldn't do it. But it was the same with Maine winters, I couldn't work outside in below zero temps like my Dad has to.
You mean us outdoor "Blue Collar" workers...

"IF YOU WANT FOOD ON THE TABLE"

"YOU NEED TO WORK WHEN YOUR ABLE"

Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM

12,844 posts, read 12,344,706 times
Well, today the heat wave in Stillwater that I was complaining about is broken. It rained close to an inch and a half last night. And now as of the noon hour it's only 85 instead of nearly 100. Maybe if you didn't get the change in weather last night you'll have it coming to you tonight.

Stillwater Weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or