U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
 
10 posts, read 15,166 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Not me. The coolest it's been up here was 47 degrees and that was a couple of weeks ago. As long as the days warm up and the sun shines in the windows and deck door, we won't turn the furnace on.

Have you really turned yours on already?
What part of SD you in? A couple of weeks ago it was in the 20's here in the NE part of the state. Of course I was working grave then....
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-23-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,496 posts, read 24,934,710 times
Reputation: 14823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz77 View Post
What part of SD you in? A couple of weeks ago it was in the 20's here in the NE part of the state. Of course I was working grave then....
We live in the southeastern part of the state. We've been fortunate so far. I heard that the Hills area had frost the other morning, but so far so good here.

I've been following Tulsa's weather for 3 or 4 years now and their winters are VERY nice compared to ours. They did have a nasty ice storm a year or two ago, but it appears to be much nicer. Their snow/ice seems to melt in a day or two and they don't have to wait until April for the melt like we do.

Have you been down there yet? Do you know when you'll be moving?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 PM
 
10 posts, read 15,166 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We live in the southeastern part of the state. We've been fortunate so far. I heard that the Hills area had frost the other morning, but so far so good here.

I've been following Tulsa's weather for 3 or 4 years now and their winters are VERY nice compared to ours. They did have a nasty ice storm a year or two ago, but it appears to be much nicer. Their snow/ice seems to melt in a day or two and they don't have to wait until April for the melt like we do.

Have you been down there yet? Do you know when you'll be moving?
I'll be moving this Saturday, hoping to have my family down sometime in October. I'll be moving to the Hinton, Binger area.....I've only been through OKC area and the panhandle several times....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
 
Location: So. Dak.
13,496 posts, read 24,934,710 times
Reputation: 14823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz77 View Post
I'll be moving this Saturday, hoping to have my family down sometime in October. I'll be moving to the Hinton, Binger area.....I've only been through OKC area and the panhandle several times....
Hey, good luck on your move. Keep us informed as to how you like it and what the differences and similarities are.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 AM
 
25,114 posts, read 11,232,234 times
Reputation: 28882
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz77 View Post
I'll be moving this Saturday, hoping to have my family down sometime in October. I'll be moving to the Hinton, Binger area.....I've only been through OKC area and the panhandle several times....
I found a really nice house on the edge of Red Rock state park for only $250/month in Hinton when I was there. I didn't care for Binger, it was more because I worked in Hinton, than not liking the town of Binger itself. Good luck on your move.

My prediction for winter is the same people with pea-brains will try and drive after an ice storm, thinking if they go slow it will be alright. Then you will see cars in ditches, etc. Heck we had people stuck in the parking lots of the bank, because the parking lot was at an incline and they could not get out.

Last edited by _redbird_; 09-24-2009 at 05:13 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
16,929 posts, read 20,008,569 times
Reputation: 8860
It's going to be cold. The white man is putting up a lot of firewood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 9,620,842 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I found a really nice house on the edge of Red Rock state park for only $250/month in Hinton when I was there. I didn't care for Binger, it was more because I worked in Hinton, than not liking the town of Binger itself. Good luck on your move.

My prediction for winter is the same people with pea-brains will try and drive after an ice storm, thinking if they go slow it will be alright. Then you will see cars in ditches, etc. Heck we had people stuck in the parking lots of the bank, because the parking lot was at an incline and they could not get out.
Just take a chainsaw and cut slots in your tires for better traction,
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
1,353 posts, read 2,774,205 times
Reputation: 701
My prediction for "Winter"? It will be as enticingly close to a real "Winter" you can have without being one. Like usual

It's sad but having lived in the South all my life my hobbies and interests seem to revolve around warm weather now, even though I enjoy cold. Such as golfing for one, can't do that in the North all Winter.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,612 times
Reputation: 10
Default winter prediction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbottomkidok View Post
Just curious as to how everyone feels about our upcoming winter. We've had a very mild summer and that usually starts a pretty good argument at the family reunions. Lots of prediction methods out there so lets hear them.
So far every persimmon my family and i have opened have all been spoons. The squirrels are storing their food, tons of cobwebs everywhere, and my horses are already furry. But who knows for sure.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2009, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,172 posts, read 9,707,409 times
Reputation: 6457
Quote:
Originally Posted by audigah75 View Post
..... But who knows for sure.
I do know that it is going to get a lot colder before it gets a lot hotter......
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top