Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,288,789 times

Advertisements

It's white here, but it sure isn't snow. All that sleet and rain just frizz up. Some kind soul opened my back gate so one of the dogs got out, and she was so miserable she came right back to me instead of going adventuring. She did look kind of cute with a frosting of white all over the top of her. But I still find it annoying that it's colder here tight now than anyplace I lived in Alaska!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 05:20 PM

116 posts, read 250,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
I'm sorry tator! The sleet finally stopped here and the SNOW is falling. If the wind would ease up a little I'd go take more pictures.

(50 years old and I'm dancing around the house like a kid... My FIRST White Christmas!!! )
eh its sleeting right now and just within an hour the roads are already slick but they say we will get more snow. i sure hope so the only thing thats going to suck is driving to work tomorrow night. but atleast i get my wish to have a white christmas (well i hope anyways)

Last edited by tator89; 12-24-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: needed to add something

Old 12-24-2009, 05:34 PM

29 posts, read 24,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator89 View Post
eh its sleeting right now and just within an hour the roads are already slick but they say we will get more snow. i sure hope so the only thing thats going to suck is driving to work tomorrow night. but atleast i get my wish to have a white christmas (well i hope anyways)
You're working on Christmas night? I'm sorry that you are and wish you a very safe trip tator.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:35 PM

2,825 posts, read 7,518,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Just saw the weather. The OP may get her wish!

For snow, that is.
Well, we are getting it and I am NOT happy!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
It's white here, but it sure isn't snow. All that sleet and rain just frizz up. Some kind soul opened my back gate so one of the dogs got out, and she was so miserable she came right back to me instead of going adventuring. She did look kind of cute with a frosting of white all over the top of her. But I still find it annoying that it's colder here tight now than anyplace I lived in Alaska!
Where are you? It's snowing like crap here in Texas. I find it hard to believe that north of us it's not snow but sleet.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:57 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,288,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika28 View Post
Where are you? It's snowing like crap here in Texas. I find it hard to believe that north of us it's not snow but sleet.
Holdenville. It was sleet and rain earlier, then the temps dropped. Last time I checked an hour or so ago, it was 25 here, 35 in Dutch Harbor (the Aleutian Islands in Alaska), 28 in Anchorage, 40 in Kodiak, and 40 in St Louis. I stopped looking then, it was just too depressing. I do think there's some snow coming down now, but it's falling on frozen rain and sleet, so we aren't gonna go out anywhere.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:16 PM

It's pure snow (and a WHOLE lot of wind) here in Fort Worth kari. Weird.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,173,704 times
OKC grand total of 14 inches of snow. Most ever in a December day and 3rd most for a storm ever!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:30 AM

116 posts, read 250,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika28 View Post
You're working on Christmas night? I'm sorry that you are and wish you a very safe trip tator.

yeah thats about the only thing that really sucks working at wally world well as a overnight stocker. thanks

Old 12-25-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Holdenville. It was sleet and rain earlier, then the temps dropped. Last time I checked an hour or so ago, it was 25 here, 35 in Dutch Harbor (the Aleutian Islands in Alaska), 28 in Anchorage, 40 in Kodiak, and 40 in St Louis. I stopped looking then, it was just too depressing. I do think there's some snow coming down now, but it's falling on frozen rain and sleet, so we aren't gonna go out anywhere.
Stay warm and safe, and have a Merry Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma