Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:25 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times

Advertisements

I'm in Yukon, and can't even go 2 blocks to Homeland. For some reason, I planned to go grocery shopping this morning. I usually have our Christmas meal way before now, but not this year. Looks like we'll be having whatever I can find already here. What is it like in you area? I t hin we're at 4", but seems worse because of the wind blowing so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Here's how the blizzard looked at 1:30pm from the most scenic corner of my neighbor's backyard in Stillwater:

Old 12-24-2009, 01:56 PM

29 posts, read 24,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Here's how the blizzard looked at 1:30pm from the most scenic corner of my neighbor's backyard in Stillwater:

Holy crap! That looks like the arctic circle. How long is that supposed to last?

PS. I am a weather nut and just joined this forum. Great place!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika28 View Post
Holy crap! That looks like the arctic circle. How long is that supposed to last?

PS. I am a weather nut and just joined this forum. Great place!!!
Welcome, aboard. I tend to be a weather nut.

Here's a description of the blizzard warning from the National Weather Service:

Message summary: ...blizzard warning in effect until 10 pm cst this evening...
...winter storm warning is cancelled...
The national weather service in norman has issued a blizzard warning...which is in effect until 10 pm cst this evening. This replaces the winter storm warning which is no longer in effect.
* timing: all of today and this evening
* main impact: heavy snow and blowing snow...low visibility and strong winds with wind gusts of 45 to 55 mph. Blizzard conditions at times. Snowfall will average 4 to 8 inches...but southern oklahoma may receive 8 to 11 inches...generally between lawton and pauls valley.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:10 PM

29 posts, read 24,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Welcome, aboard. I tend to be a weather nut.

Here's a description of the blizzard warning from the National Weather Service:

Message summary: ...blizzard warning in effect until 10 pm cst this evening...
...winter storm warning is cancelled...
The national weather service in norman has issued a blizzard warning...which is in effect until 10 pm cst this evening. This replaces the winter storm warning which is no longer in effect.
* timing: all of today and this evening
* main impact: heavy snow and blowing snow...low visibility and strong winds with wind gusts of 45 to 55 mph. Blizzard conditions at times. Snowfall will average 4 to 8 inches...but southern oklahoma may receive 8 to 11 inches...generally between lawton and pauls valley.
Thanks for the welcome StillwaterTownie, and thanks for the weather update. I am in Fort Worth, Texas and it's snowing here as well, but checking the weather sites it's a heck of a lot colder in Oklahoma. It'll be a white Christmas for sure up there but it will probably melt off here tomorrow sometime. Temps are supposed to climb into the mid 40s.

Thanks!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:19 PM

420 posts, read 1,041,628 times
Well hope all is well out there , as much as it could be , Here in Cleveland , Ohio
been real lucky , no real snow fall , It's been like this from time to time , Most
often not , But no white Christmas for us , It is going to rain and be about 40

Old 12-24-2009, 02:38 PM

It's been a long time since Oklahoma has had a white Christmas from snow. We've has ice,(and not much of that) but, not snow for a long time. They said on the news it's been about one hundred years.
According to this national site, Oklahoma has a less than 5% chance of a white Christmas, and they show the only area that might get some is in the Woodward area, which has clear blue skies and clear roads! http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate...r/white_pg.gif
Thanks for the pic ST.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:55 PM

355 posts, read 818,194 times
I'm located on Lake Texoma just west of Durant and it's already snowing here pretty good. I don't know how much we'll get as the main storm is still in Ardmore, but we've already got a dusting from the lil band that pushed through earlier. It's cold and very windy!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:56 PM

We were just talking about Ardmore on another forum. I thought Ardmore only had slick "spots." That it wasn't bad there. Even on the news, when they show the map, Ardmore & around Woodward are the only places where you can still get around. So, Ardmore is getting worse?

Old 12-24-2009, 04:16 PM

116 posts, read 251,069 times
here in checotah as of right now we have sleet and its susposed to snow and like susposed to be 4-7 feet... but you know it doesnt always happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma