Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,722 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family is contemplating a move to OK. We have been comparing OKC, Tulsa and surrounding areas. We have lived in LV, NV and small town VT, pretty different from each other huh?! My mother lives in OK, she has mentioned that the towns of Hulbert, Shawnee, New Kirk, Plain View, Dixon and Jinx are really nice! Can anyone out there tell us why you think she would mention these particular towns or areas as special? Thanks so much in advance, we appreciate your interest in our search for a wonderful town to raise our boys in! I love the convenience of a larger city, my husband prefers the outer lying small town feel and I understand how valuable that can be to a family as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 08:22 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,330,656 times
Could your Mom be talking about Jenks? I'm not familiar with the other towns, but I could see why she would recommend Jenks. It's cool!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:34 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,407,141 times
I think Jinx=Jenks..

Years ago, I used to live in Naples, Florida. When I first moved to Oklahoma, it was a bit of a culture shock - I was used to the beach, used to being able to pick from several big cities to visit - but once I got settled here, I was really surprised at how much Oklahoma has to offer.

Coming more to the point, Jenks reminds me a lot of Naples - it has that laid back atmosphere, the streets are clean, people take care of their properties - all in all, it's just a great little city. More than that, it sits in the perfect place - right outside Tulsa, there's a plethora of things to do. A short drive takes you to the Oklahoma Aquarium, a little further on and you have the Philbrook, as well as a lot of other museums. Oklahoma City is only about two hours away, and it's all highway driving - quick and easy.

I think Jenks would be a good town to try.. You might also check out Broken Aarow, they've really done a lot to that town as well. They both have that small town feel but are only a hop, skip, and a jump to bigger and brighter things.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,722 times
Thanks so much!!! We will visit Jenks and Broken Arrow. Your input is wonderful to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma