U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2007, 02:33 AM

14 posts, read 53,280 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what the wet and dry counties are I read that are 44 wet counties out of 77 total counties anyone know where I could find more info on this?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,467,656 times
I don't know of any list but if I find something I'll post it. FYI: The dry counties in Oklahoma aren't really "dry." You can still buy beer at the local quick stop (albeit 3.2 only) and the real stuff at the liquor store. They even have bars in dry counties - you just have to BYOB and pay by the drink. I think it was once called "liquor by the drink."

When I lived in Arkansas (and I understand it's still that way) when you are in a dry county, it's really dry; there is nowhere in the county to purchase alcohol of any kind. Oklahoma's dry counties are strange - they're not dry they are just "damp."

Old 05-28-2007, 07:20 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,467,656 times
Try this website. It doesn't provide a list but does provide phone numbers and contact info.

Mission

Old 05-28-2007, 12:52 PM

8,771 posts, read 6,779,442 times
And then there are a few Oklahoma counties, such as Payne, that are wet Mon. thru Sat. and then totally dry on Sundays. You can't buy any drink of alcohol with your meal in a restaurant unless it's 3.2% beer.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:00 PM

14 posts, read 53,280 times
Thank yall for the information! Its hard trying to pick out a future hoome when you havnet been there! lived in OKC many yrs ago but was only for a few months now looking at eastern ok.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:53 PM

21 posts, read 70,850 times
I don't think there are any dry counties in Eastern Oklahoma

Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM

522 posts, read 1,051,275 times
maybe try Mission

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 24,483 times
I see this discussion is three years old but someone else may find it who is interested in Kingfisher, so I'll add a couple of dittos.

I grew up in Pampa, TX and Guymon, OK and went to school in Norman. I've not lived in Kingfisher but we drove through every time we drove to OKC from Guymon, and it seemed like a lovely little town. Flat yes, but flat is in my blood and I still crave it. Since college I've lived in Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Oakland (from where I am writing this) and am looking forward to returning to some small town such as Kingfisher that's a short hop to OKC when I want to kick up my heels, and where a home costs 1/10 what it does in Cali, and where people still think working for a living is a desirable value.

Despite growing up in tornado alley, I have never seen a tornado. I wanted to, but every time the sirens went off we were dragged to the nearest cellar or basement, and often it was after dark. I'll probably have to take one of those two-week van tour deals and pay a wheelbarrow of money if I ever want to see one. With doppler radar they've become even less of a threat. The winds in western Oklahoma are real enough but vary greatly by season.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 24,483 times
Here's a map of Oklahoma counties where you can or cannot buy liquor by the drink in Oklahoma:
Oklahoma ABLE Commission - Enforcement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma