Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 06:38 PM

17,633 posts, read 13,452,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
Did you know that the state of Oklahoma is amongst the highest Klan enrollment/membership numbers in the country? Texas and Alabama are not far behind
Not buying this at all. It appears that there are one to three "klaverns" in Oklahoma according to SPLC. There are many more in just about every state in the south. So either the one to three klaverns in Oklahoma at huge in size or what you posted is inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 07:44 PM

160 posts, read 173,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Not buying this at all. It appears that there are one to three "klaverns" in Oklahoma according to SPLC. There are many more in just about every state in the south. So either the one to three klaverns in Oklahoma at huge in size or what you posted is inaccurate.
Three is enough. Look at the population, land area and population distribution and diversity stats... Don't take it up with me...seek the Beaumont enterprise. Go hassle them over making the claim as well as their reliable source.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:53 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,861,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
It is suprising how many Confederate flags are flying or hung on porches in rural SW Oregon.
It's also surprising how many Confederate flags one sees up here in Northwestern Pennsylvania. On porches, in windows, on the back of trucks, etc.

Except here they can't use the 'it's a Southern thing' excuse

Old 01-21-2018, 08:54 AM

23,967 posts, read 10,303,770 times
I see considerably more OU flags than Confederate flags in my area. Go figure.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:55 AM

17,633 posts, read 13,452,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenROOTS View Post
Why should any klaverns be tolerated? What era are you even from ?
I'm going to give you a pass on the snarky personal comment because you are new.

Your apparent "pal" on this thread posted a broken link which he/she claimed said this.

Quote:
Did you know that the state of Oklahoma is amongst the highest Klan enrollment/membership numbers in the country? Texas and Alabama are not far behind
I posted that according to the Southern Poverty Law Center that would appear not to be the case.

There simply isn't any real Klan presence to speak of in Oklahoma and hasn't been for probably 90 years.

This from the Oklahoma Historical Society. Larry O'Dell

Quote:
Despite a brief resurgence of membership in the 1930s, and despite many isolated incidents of Klan activity, the Ku Klux Klan remained weakened and fragmented, having negligible power in Oklahoma since 1928.
But I'd be sure and do my best to rid our state of Klansmen.................................. if I could only find one.

Old 01-21-2018, 02:58 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,861,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergreenROOTS View Post
That's scary... Racism among northerners is just as prevalent?
Look at a lot of the major northern cities and you will notice that the neighborhoods are pretty clearly self-segregated by race.

Racism exists up north; it's just usually more subtle than in other areas of the country.

One of my friends who is black grew up in Illinois (not Chicago, lol) and said she experienced way more racism there than she did living in Florida.

Racists can be found in all areas of the country and tolerance can be found all over the country. Neither one is limited to a particular geographic area.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:29 PM

14,169 posts, read 22,590,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
It is suprising how many Confederate flags are flying or hung on porches in rural SW Oregon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
It's also surprising how many Confederate flags one sees up here in Northwestern Pennsylvania. On porches, in windows, on the back of trucks, etc.
Weird, it's as if Confederate flags are everywhere in the United States, and thus, a poor reason to ridicule any specific state or region of a country, because doing so would make people hypocrites, regardless of which state they're from.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,490,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Weird, it's as if Confederate flags are everywhere in the United States, and thus, a poor reason to ridicule any specific state or region of a country, because doing so would make people hypocrites, regardless of which state they're from.
They sure as heck aren't everywhere in Stillwater. I can't remember the last time I saw one openly displayed. Someone is more likely to be crazy enough to show the OU flag than the Confederate flag.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:39 PM

3,187 posts, read 2,303,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post

And you know this how? This report says Oklahoma has 1. Texas has three but then Texas is 8x bigger in population than Oklahoma. Most states have a least one. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...the-us-in-2017

Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 PM

804 posts, read 538,184 times
If we had left the flag business alone and save time and lives.

1. It is not evil. It just represented a time of division and we grew up seeing that flag as representative and identification of the south. People in the South are not racist and they are nice and hard working people. Many people are moving down there to get great land, and opportunities. Most of Disney work in fact is shot in Mississippi.

2. Anthony Hervey, 49 a man who dawn the confederate uniform and drum to march for the return of the flag. As I mentioned it meant many positive things. This man who chased off the road by drivers of his same race. African American. It is people like that ( like the people who preach or only remembers hate ) is what is the problem with hate itself. Why don't we all talk about the anti-gentile problem, or talk about how everything is manufactured by a nation that is destroying the environment not to mention the Yellow river dolphin, forcing people to bath in mercy waters, tearing down houses. No we just talk about a stupid cloth that was never a problem until some r-tard attempt to take it down.

3. Dylann Roof a young man went on a rampage murdering innocent people due to the dropping of the flags. Dylann could have lived his life in peace. However because this was brought to his attention a civil-rights activist and people of the Church was murdered during a bible study. Does that make any sense.

4. Now we have r-tards who have never lived a day without a cellphone, or internet who think this is about race. When it is to distract us from bigger issues. Like why isn't Trayvon Martin murder behind bars or at least banned from a couple of states already ( like OJ ). Why are we not talking about the drone strikes on Pakistan soil that led to innocent lives being lost. Why aren't we talking about genocide being exposed by Bradly Manning. Why aren't we referencing the illegal sterilization of women related to race, population control, and forms of prostitution.

Why should we waste our lives and money talking about the skin or shape of our bodies that we are born with. Do you want to die knowing the world needs help and controversy was the last thing on your mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma