Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 PM

380 posts, read 1,000,515 times

Advertisements

Mings in Papillion has the best Chinese food at an incredibly low price!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,499 times
Brother Sebastians for steak!! I am an Omaha native, and HAVE to stop here everytime I come home.

Zios for pizza. total comfort food.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM

116 posts, read 281,868 times
Omaha eateries lack sophistication if you are a foody.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 AM

116 posts, read 281,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Seriously? Omaha doesn't have its own brewery that can top a chain as "the best"?

That is not good IMO for "city cred".

Even in Des Moines I can count two local Brewerys and a regional Brewery before I'd have to tap our Rock Bottom as "the Best". I thought I recalled a pretty good brewery in the Old Market area when I was in Omaha a couple years ago.

...and PF Chang's as your city's best ?

Best Chinese: Gold Mountain-They have all of the American staples like Shrimp Fried Rice and Sweet n Sour----Crap. But they also have an authentic menu with really good soups and a Dim Sum menu.

Best Mexican: Me, I prefer to go down to south O for some street food out of the taco trucks. But if you want to sit down, try La Cubana De Franco on s. 24th for a great atomsphere and good mexican authentic food.

Best Burger: Louie M's Burger Lust. Best burgers in the world with a killer atmosphere.

Indian food: Mother India- The place is a dive but the atmosphere, food quality, service, and price is barnone.

You also have get breakfast from Leavenworth Cafe.

There are so many places that I can recommend. But c'mon people, you cannot advertise your city by naming chains and franchises as the best. Especially if you are trying to set expectations for someone who is from a bigger city.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 PM

109 posts, read 257,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaha View Post
Omaha eateries lack sophistication if you are a foody.
The Boiler Room
Dario's Brasserie
V Mertz
Omaha Prime
The Passport
Sullivans
Paxton Chop House
The French Cafe
La Bouvette

These restaurants are comparable to the foody restaurants I have eaten at in LA, New York, and Chicago! I am sure there are more that I cannot think of right now.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 8,717 times
Default Goodrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Omahayum, whats the deal with Goodrich? Do they not have any standalone stores these days? When I lived in Omaha I used to go to the one on Saddle Creek and the one in Council Bluffs pretty regularly, but it looks like they're both gone now.

I asked Omababe about it but she didn't seem to know.
There are only a few left and the are in with some Subways.
50nd and center
there is on in cb on broadway
and one in millard

Old 07-30-2010, 11:42 AM

77 posts, read 171,730 times
I grew up in Omaha (and currently live in Chicago), and it seems like the restaurant scene is improving each time I come back to visit. Here are some of my faves:

Pizza: La Casa (I sometimes dream about their pizza...and I live in a town known for its pizza!)
Thai: Taste of Thailand & Thai Spice
Chinese: JC Mandarin and House of Hunan, O Dinining is more Asian fusion but good as well. The shrimp dumplings are excellent.
Indian: Jaipur
Japanese: Hiro, Sushi Japan, Blue Sushi
Expensive: Flatiron and V Mertz
Italian: Nicola's
Brunch: Bailey's, Dixie Quicks
Mexican: Hector's, and many places in South Omaha I'm sure are authentic and awesome.
Brewery: I personally think the food at Upstream is lame and uninspired but the beer is definitely worth it.

Also, I like La Buvette...small plates and lots of French wine.

-Dario's (French/gastropub) & Mark's Bistro (American) in Dundee are good.
-The Drover (omg the crab legs are awesome)

I really hope people are joking with their suggestions of Hy Vee's buffet and Romeo's.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,408 times
A + Buffet Mongolian Grill
14422 W. Center Rd.
Omaha Ne. 68144
This place has not been open but maybe 2 months, but for a buffet it is exceptional.Everything is fresh and we have gone once a week for the last 4 weeks and have never found anything displeasing. The people are friendly and helpful.It has always been clean and fresh, parking could be better but i would give it a A+. They give a 50% off on Tue. for Seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha