U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM

2,763 posts, read 4,667,647 times

Advertisements

Having lived both at 84th and dodge, 30th and martin avenue, and various places in bellevue, bellevue would be my place of choice. If you like the hustle and bustle of the city, then sure, live near the things you like to do. For me, anything I wanted to do could be found in bellevue, we only went into Omaha on the weekends for things. As I stated before, it only takes 20-30 minutes to drive anywhere in Omaha, in my diesel car, that's ~1 gallon round trip. Well worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,307,435 times
A city having a deficit doesn't bother me per se, and a lot of cities are currently in the same situation thanks to the economic debacle. It's how they handle the deficit that matters... Here in Albuquerque they instantly cut funding for education and then I still see city workers repaving perfectly good roads and re-landscaping common areas that already look great. It's ridiculous. Hopefully Omaha is a little smarter with their money.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 PM

6,122 posts, read 6,418,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Having lived both at 84th and dodge, 30th and martin avenue, and various places in bellevue, bellevue would be my place of choice. If you like the hustle and bustle of the city, then sure, live near the things you like to do. For me, anything I wanted to do could be found in bellevue, we only went into Omaha on the weekends for things. As I stated before, it only takes 20-30 minutes to drive anywhere in Omaha, in my diesel car, that's ~1 gallon round trip. Well worth it.
I live on the outskirts of Bellevue. It's a great location and very easy to get downtown. There are lots of stores and restaurants right next to me and the new hospital is just down the street. I didn't have much of a choice in moving here, but I really like it.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I live on the outskirts of Bellevue. It's a great location and very easy to get downtown. There are lots of stores and restaurants right next to me and the new hospital is just down the street. I didn't have much of a choice in moving here, but I really like it.
Is the new hospital in Bellevue? My husband and I both work in health care and are trying to figure out all employment options. I think we know most of what's available in Omaha, but never even considered that there could be options in the 'burbs.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 AM

6,122 posts, read 6,418,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmom View Post
Is the new hospital in Bellevue? My husband and I both work in health care and are trying to figure out all employment options. I think we know most of what's available in Omaha, but never even considered that there could be options in the 'burbs.
Yes, it just opened this summer. I believe it's called Bellevue Medical Center but I could be wrong. It's on 25th St & Highway 370. It would be a pretty easy commute from most of the Sarpy County suburbs. There is also Midlands Hospital in Papillion (84th St & 370). It's an Alegent hospital. It's small, but there could be some employment options there as well.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Yes, it just opened this summer. I believe it's called Bellevue Medical Center but I could be wrong. It's on 25th St & Highway 370. It would be a pretty easy commute from most of the Sarpy County suburbs. There is also Midlands Hospital in Papillion (84th St & 370). It's an Alegent hospital. It's small, but there could be some employment options there as well.
Great, thank you! We'll look into these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha