U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Here
704 posts, read 1,612,844 times
Reputation: 327

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Aside from the abortions, my biggest issue with Planned Parenthood or any abortion clinic for that matter is their lack of accountability. Everytime a new law passes like the one that required mental health screening they argue that it's too hard to follow or enforce. I don't understand why they aren't already making sure the woman is fully aware of what she is doing and is doing so under her own consent. There should not be law, I would hope a clinic that cares about women so much would just do this automatically. Not just say, "abortion? SURE, right this way" .

Also, if you search youtube there are videos of people that go into the clinics with hidden cameras and are lied to by the people there. Why doesn't the leader of Planned Parenthood try and do something to make sure their clinics are providing accurate information?

Lastly and I don't assume this will happen in this location, but some of the famous abortion clinics around the country where people are peacefully protesting are threatened by the Doctor and people that pass by, yet the local authorites do nothing to protect the peaceful protesters. Some are even assaulted mostly verbally, but sometimes physically by people that drive or walk by. Just do a search on the Rockford abortion clinic for examples. There are videos of the abuse. The Doctor at this location uses a loudspeaker and a PA type system to taunt the protesters.

You're really going to say that the protestors at abortion clinics are the one's that are not being treated fairly? The same protesors that stand out front calling women disgusting names, throw rocks, and in extreme cases shoot people? They are the ones that get treated badly?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,048 posts, read 2,136,699 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
You're really going to say that the protestors at abortion clinics are the one's that are not being treated fairly? The same protesors that stand out front calling women disgusting names, throw rocks, and in extreme cases shoot people? They are the ones that get treated badly?
You are 100% correct. There are people on both sides that are crazy. Assaults from both sides need to be handled by law enforcement. It seems like they tend to ignore this though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,048 posts, read 2,136,699 times
Reputation: 220
I've actually heard of groups of protestors calling the police on other protesters because they would not stop their verbal and in some cases physical attacks.

The Rockford clinic I mentioned before seems a little odd. The people that work there are particularly rude. I've heard the doctor has a police scanner and shouts over his PA to warn he people assaulting the protesters so they can leave before the police arrive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM
 
2,763 posts, read 4,662,614 times
Reputation: 2764
As someone who has been on the side of a "victim", its very annoying. I use victim loosly but I was attacked by these very same protestors when the location on dodge (what was it, like 40th or 50th?) was still open. I literally went there for my yearly checkup and for some birth control, yet i was nearly physically attacked for pulling into their parking lot by the protesters about how I was killing my baby. Really? I'm pretty sure I'd know if I was pregnant and I sure as hell wouldnt have been getting an abortion there since that location didnt even DO abortions. I really hate it when people protest something and dont even have their facts clear.

This was the guy with the 7 foot cross, if any one saw him at his time protesting there.

He got pissed when i sarcastically accepted his propoganda scare-tactics materials and ripped them up and threw them at him and told him to shove it up his you know what
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,048 posts, read 2,136,699 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
As someone who has been on the side of a "victim", its very annoying. I use victim loosly but I was attacked by these very same protestors when the location on dodge (what was it, like 40th or 50th?) was still open. I literally went there for my yearly checkup and for some birth control, yet i was nearly physically attacked for pulling into their parking lot by the protesters about how I was killing my baby. Really? I'm pretty sure I'd know if I was pregnant and I sure as hell wouldnt have been getting an abortion there since that location didnt even DO abortions. I really hate it when people protest something and dont even have their facts clear.
46th. Do you know what happened to that location by the way? I never heard why they closed?

They provide the emerengy contraceptive pills that many pro-life people view as an abortion drug. So by that belief they were performing abortions. Many of the protesters did wrongfully assume everyone going in there was going in there for that. I just kind of shake my head at the people that follow blindly sometimes.

The protesters that stand there and yell at the people going in kind of make me upset. When I've gone to a protest I go with people that stand there, maybe hold signs, and pray. We don't yell at people, or whatever, that's just being stupid and causing anger, the opposite of what you are supposed to be trying to accomplish. . I do want to someday try and save a baby from being aborted. By asking a mom to stop and consider letting us pay for her medical care and adopt her baby. Don't know if it will work, but I'd like to try. Of course paying for that out of pocket would be outrageous. So I can't at the moment, but I hope to have the means someday.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
 
1,054 posts, read 1,826,465 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
46th. Do you know what happened to that location by the way? I never heard why they closed?

They provide the emerengy contraceptive pills that many pro-life people view as an abortion drug. So by that belief they were performing abortions. Many of the protesters did wrongfully assume everyone going in there was going in there for that. I just kind of shake my head at the people that follow blindly sometimes.

The protesters that stand there and yell at the people going in kind of make me upset. When I've gone to a protest I go with people that stand there, maybe hold signs, and pray. We don't yell at people, or whatever, that's just being stupid and causing anger, the opposite of what you are supposed to be trying to accomplish. . I do want to someday try and save a baby from being aborted. By asking a mom to stop and consider letting us pay for her medical care and adopt her baby. Don't know if it will work, but I'd like to try. Of course paying for that out of pocket would be outrageous. So I can't at the moment, but I hope to have the means someday.
Pheaton. I'm glad that you are so tolerable. I know you may have a different beliefe, but you are a good person for not being a violent mouth like some are from both sides.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
 
2,763 posts, read 4,662,614 times
Reputation: 2764
I'm not really sure why they closed, i was going to them because I did not have medical coverage but soon as I did have coverage I stopped going because of the harassment I received from the protesters. I just noticed one day driving by they were closed. Tis a shame.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
1,048 posts, read 2,136,699 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
Pheaton. I'm glad that you are so tolerable. I know you may have a different beliefe, but you are a good person for not being a violent mouth like some are from both sides.
Thank you. Yelling at each other does no good. It just polarizes the argument even more. I don't understand what either side expects to gain from it.

I'm to the point where I just stop talking to people if they want to just yell and call names. It's just not productive. If someone asks, I'll do my best to explain my point, or try to help others to see things the same way, but that's all I can do. I can try and convince people to accept what I believe to be the truth, but I can't force anyone, and I'm certainly not going to badger them or call them names for not doing so. A Christian is called to be a witness to the truth, not some kind of bounty hunter for God.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Bellevue, NE
30 posts, read 26,372 times
Reputation: 15
I don't really care for abortion, but planned parenthood was started by eugenicists. Something to keep in mind...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
 
6,486 posts, read 5,666,094 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I'd certainly be more against a gentleman's club than this Planned Parenthood clinic.
Regardless of what you would rather have there, if a group of people have a say in what goes into an area, they should be able to give input on this.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top