U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 04:58 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Metro recently made some small unanounced changes.

Route 2: Removed service to 8th and farnam loop, but added all-day service to the Centurylink Center via 10th and Capitol. This change makes total sense to me. I never thought of it but it probably should have been done ten years ago when the arena opened. Bus Route 2 - Omaha Metro

Route 24 and Route 35: Removed night-time service north of North Omaha Transit Center. These routes used to serve the route that the 26 does during the day at night. Now one route turns into the 26 and the other turns into the 25. This is great because now there's two different areas served without adding other buses. Very efficient; an improvement that I would have never noticed the opportunity to make. Bus Route 24 - Omaha Metro Route 35 removed service to 42 and Bedford Bus Route 35 - Omaha Metro Bus Route 25 - Omaha Metro Bus Route 26 - Omaha Metro

Route 94: Removed the Hy vee Park and Ride and added one in the oakview mall parking lot. This makes the route shorter and faster. They also made this route bi-directional meaning it goes east and west during both rush hours instead on east in the morning and west in the afternoon. Bus Route 94 - Omaha Metro

Route 97: Removed service on Stoneybrook Blvd. and shortened route. They also made this one a bi-directional express. Bus Route 97 - Omaha Metro

u gotta realize how slow curt simon and METRO are when it comes to improvements

Metro bus 's leaders dont ever ride the BUS so why would the really care about better bus service

btw, what u mentioned isnt improvements really.

the 55 running on sundays to say 96th and q street and back to downtown vie center st.

and 84th street between park drive and center st. would be a improvement

or the 13 and 18 run on sundays like it does on saturdays would be a improvement

whether it be the OPS school board, or mayor magoo (i mean suttle) or METRO bus or others in charge in omaha

people are fed up with HOT air promises.

time for real progress and better future for omaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM

624 posts, read 1,101,521 times
Althogh Metro has been rather stagnant lately with updating and adding routes, I'm assuming it has a lot to do with this alternatives analysis. They're probably looking to stop spending more until they know what they're going to do at the end of the study so as to not create a situation where they can't do what the study indicates because of finances.

I think they can make improvements to Route 92 now though because they can add a more attractive service that connects all of the city by taking a couple trips away from a couple routes.

Assuming that the Route 92 improvements I outlined would make for faster connections between all of the points on the schedule and it would add service to far west Omaha as well as the airport, would you be in favor of these improvements? What if it required less service for route 16 (it would probably run once an hour during rush hour and remove service to the riverfront) and took some frequency from Route 2 (as the 92 serves everywhere the 2 does, only stops less frequently)?

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Althogh Metro has been rather stagnant lately with updating and adding routes, I'm assuming it has a lot to do with this alternatives analysis. They're probably looking to stop spending more until they know what they're going to do at the end of the study so as to not create a situation where they can't do what the study indicates because of finances.

I think they can make improvements to Route 92 now though because they can add a more attractive service that connects all of the city by taking a couple trips away from a couple routes.

Assuming that the Route 92 improvements I outlined would make for faster connections between all of the points on the schedule and it would add service to far west Omaha as well as the airport, would you be in favor of these improvements? What if it required less service for route 16 (it would probably run once an hour during rush hour and remove service to the riverfront) and took some frequency from Route 2 (as the 92 serves everywhere the 2 does, only stops less frequently)?

to say metro is stangnant on updating or adding routes is a under-statement

I think maybe have the 92 express run on saturdays also would be good. have it run 6 days a week, instead of 5.

btw, another suggestion:

cut the benson park transit center layovers from 10-15 minutes down to about 5 or 6 minutes.

I take the 14 or 5 sometimes and during weekdays, they spend double the time they are supposed to at BPTC

that is why buses going east from BPTC on the 14 or 5 are late everyday

Old 06-10-2012, 03:10 PM

704 posts, read 1,613,700 times
Should you two just exchange emails and have your bus love affair in private. It's getting a little gross out here for the rest of us. We get it; you love busing! The rest of us think taking the bus is huge waste of time.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:19 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,811,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
Should you two just exchange emails and have your bus love affair in private. It's getting a little gross out here for the rest of us. We get it; you love busing! The rest of us think taking the bus is huge waste of time.
Don't lump me into the "rest of us."

Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 PM

816 posts, read 1,414,345 times
Quote:
congrats! Why did you even go into a thread that's about something you, incorrectly, see as a waste of time?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:39 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,688,982 times
Because he's a troll.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Because he's a troll.
Well, Other than that .

Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM

704 posts, read 1,613,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Because he's a troll.

That's pretty much it. Trying to stir some stuff up w/ the "bus people"

Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
That's pretty much it. Trying to stir some stuff up w/ the "bus people"
You mean the people that don't want to be slaves to the automobile? Those that know what urban life is suppose to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or