U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,472,512 times

Advertisements

Change To Bus Routes Affecting Some Veterans

I guess Metro Bus cares more about Hipsters who do a lot of binge drinking in Benson and whom never use the bus

more than they care about Veterans.

shame on u Curt Simon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 11:32 PM

624 posts, read 1,103,827 times
I did find out that the trip i used to take from 72nd and Blondo to MCC south would make me arrive at the bus stop 15 minutes earlier, only to arrive at MCC at the same time as the old trip, despite fewer minutes spent riding a bus. I agree some schedules will probably need to be reviewed.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I did find out that the trip i used to take from 72nd and Blondo to MCC south would make me arrive at the bus stop 15 minutes earlier, only to arrive at MCC at the same time as the old trip, despite fewer minutes spent riding a bus. I agree some schedules will probably need to be reviewed.
I agree.

the 13 on sundays being one of them.

u gotta wait at Bergan Mercy for 55 minutes for a 13 bus going south (after getting off the 18) is a bit insulting to say the least.

talked to Metro Bus and ModeShift both about this

and they said they would "look into it" , though considering that line is used by so many with power in the Omaha area

u tend to be cynical when someone says that as a answer.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:35 PM

13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Change To Bus Routes Affecting Some Veterans

I guess Metro Bus cares more about Hipsters who do a lot of binge drinking in Benson and whom never use the bus

more than they care about Veterans.

shame on u Curt Simon
I hate to call you out like this Billie, because I like you, but you remember when you were complaining about the city run golf courses some years back? I find it a little odd that you (pretty much verbatim, IIRC) complained so endlessly about the city spending tax money to benefit such a small segment of the population, and now you're complaining when the city is doing what you wanted them to do back then in just another scenario.

Make up your mind, will you?

Old 06-06-2015, 08:07 AM

not the same thing Bosco.

city run golf courses = recreation.

city run buses = a need for people who need to go to the grocery store or get to work or the hospital.

I think the bus system needs some tweeking.

Having any bus route run every 15 minutes (except the 2 and 18 routes) is bit wasteful. I will accept that.

But some bus routes are used by diverse groups of people for diverse reasons.

BTW:

they could tweek the tweek the 3

http://www.ometro.com/index.php/route/route-3/

or 15 bus route a bit

and have it stop at front door of VA Hospital

problem solved for the veterans.

(i.e. only a minute or two out of the way each hour and 1 less minute to jack around at the transit centers)

Old 06-06-2015, 08:09 AM

busguy, I do think they should trim back on the buses run every 30 minutes on weekends.

I seen the 4 several times today, and no one is on the buses (and mind u I am in midtown when I seen the 4 go by today)

Last edited by billiefan2000; 06-06-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Blind man hopes to fight changes to mass transit | Local News - KETV Home

once again the Hipsters and drunks who never use the bus are considered more important than it's loyal bus riders

(coughs, time for Curt Simon to go at Metro Bus

Old 06-09-2015, 09:30 AM

13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
not the same thing Bosco.

city run golf courses = recreation.

city run buses = a need for people who need to go to the grocery store or get to work or the hospital.

I think the bus system needs some tweeking.

Having any bus route run every 15 minutes (except the 2 and 18 routes) is bit wasteful. I will accept that.

But some bus routes are used by diverse groups of people for diverse reasons.
Actually it pretty much the same thing. Your rationale in that thread was that the city shouldn't be spending a disproportionate amount of tax dollars to provide for a small group of people. The city is applying that same logic here.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:08 AM

VA Medical Center, Metro bus system near deal on returning veterans to hospital entrance - Live Well Nebraska: Health & Medicine

VA Medical Center, Metro bus system near deal on returning veterans to hospital entrance

Old 06-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Sunday bus, MOBY service cancelled | Local News - KETV Home

Omaha Metro Transit will scrap sunday bus service all together next.

and then the 8 and 15 and 55 routes will be gone all together. I will bet on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or