Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 02:48 PM

624 posts, read 1,308,950 times

Advertisements

That's right; I forgot about the 25. The 25 only ever came around because the 3 needed something to turn into during the mid day and weekends. But to be honest I don't see any other reason to keep it around. It can't be much more successful than the 17 was. Though it was good that they changed it to serve Redman and Sorensen Parkway, as well as running it during nights, which made it a little more useful than when it just served the neighborhoods. I like it though. I've only used it once for 5 minutes, and including myself there was four people on it at that time. That's pretty good for a route like that. You ride the 25, Billiefan, don't you?. How do you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,873 times
i once in a while take the 25, and it is a good route.

I actually took the 25 on saturday back to my part of omaha (cause it got there before the 3) and there werent many people on it, but to be fair, it was a saturday I took it.

I btw mostly take the 3 or 4 or 5 or 15 routes.

btw: the BPTC needs to have a rule: no more 8-10 or 15 minute layovers at Benson Park Transit Center.

the 5 is a lot of times showing up a minute or two to 90th and maple (therefore, u wait a hour for another 4 bus going east cause u just missed it)

and the 14 going east dont need to spend 5-10 minutes at BPTC. that gets annoying at times.

it dont do that going west. it in and out of BPTC in under 3 minutes.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM

btw, I am hoping they wont take away bus service on weekends.

already Omaha's bus service is shotty enough as it is.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Climb aboard Omaha's 'Metro'‎

Climb aboard Omaha's 'Metro' - Omaha.com

Omaha Bus System Gets Multimillion-Dollar Upgrade

Omaha Bus System Gets Multimillion-Dollar Upgrade - Most Popular News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/mostpopular/24729116/detail.html - broken link)

Many riding the bus recently may not have noticed a difference...some were unmarked. That's because they're brand new.

Stimulus Money Funds 24 Buses

quote btw from Stimulus Money Funds 24 Buses

He said there are plans for a West Maple corridor line in the works that will include park and ride locations.

They're trying to work out possible locations.

================================================== ====

Stimulus Money Funds 24 Buses

He said there are plans for a West Maple corridor line in the works that will include park and ride locations.

They're trying to work out possible locations

(3 years later and still nothing? I kinda wonder if Curt Simon and the METRO bus folks said that to shut everyone up

Old 08-15-2013, 01:28 PM

I think a West Maple bus route will be to take people from east Omaha to the retail jobs along that corridor. That doesn't mean that's not a good thing, but it's far from what people who live in northwest Omaha are looking for. The last thing I heard was it's supposed to start around 168th and Maple and then continue east to 90th, go up 90th until Sorensen Parkway, and then end at North Omaha Transit Center. This route makes a lot of sense though, because people in North Omaha are much more likely to regularly travel out there by bus compared to the amount of people living out there going any one place by bus.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I think a West Maple bus route will be to take people from east Omaha to the retail jobs along that corridor. That doesn't mean that's not a good thing, but it's far from what people who live in northwest Omaha are looking for.

The last thing I heard was it's supposed to start around 168th and Maple and then continue east to 90th, go up 90th until Sorensen Parkway, and then end at North Omaha Transit Center.

This route makes a lot of sense though, because people in North Omaha are much more likely to regularly travel out there by bus compared to the amount of people living out there going any one place by bus.

that would be a cool right, but like with any potential new bus routes, it's a pipe dream

more people using the bus and less bus service and less and less bus routes = epic fail on METRO BUS service

Old 09-12-2013, 04:12 PM

I rode the 18 westbound today and there were 20 people on at once.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I rode the 18 westbound today and there were 20 people on at once.

I see about 9 or 10 folks each sunday morning when i get on at Bergan Mercy Transit center 15 bus route going west after taking the 18 from crossroads area.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM

Has anybody heard anything about the state of the Central Omaha Alternatives Analysis? This one has really been sitting for a long time.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:54 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times
It has to be getting close to completion. I wanna say.... December?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha