Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:27 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yeah, that **** is retarded. Same goes for the "7 Mobile Live" bull****.

ketv and wowt I think are competing with some at the owh to dumb down this city with their 6th rate reporting of the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
what does everyone think of the constant "Weather Alert Day" reminders on KMTV 3.

somewhat informantive, somewhat annoying at times.

1 inch of snow, dont mean today is a "weather alert day"
I guess you're supposed to get his image in your head of weather people working around the clock. All of them in the station's weather section flipping through papers, running computer models over and over. Pointing to screens with a person over their shoulder looking intently at the weather. They are on alert for you and ready to spring into action with more serious alerts should the need arise.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:35 AM

Omaha TV News: Five

article on the only 5 people at wowt who deserve to keep their jobs

1. Caitlin Roth
2. Jaime McCutcheon
3. Rusty Lord
4. Tracy Madden
5. Mike McKnight

Aside from those five, everyone else deserves pink slips, because, unlike Channel 7 and even Channel 3, Channel Sux has done an embarrassingly bad job of developing talent.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Last night on sux they were talking about a job fair at Werner Park. When John Knicely was reading the examples of jobs he actually said Ball Boy and Bat Girl.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Last night on sux they were talking about a job fair at Werner Park. When John Knicely was reading the examples of jobs he actually said Ball Boy and Bat Girl.

unless Adam West is working at wowt, the word bat girl should never be brought up during the wowt news

Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM

First of all. I wish the best for this family. Losing a child is tragic.
DeWitt Community Mourns Boy's Death

While watching this same story last night, of course with the exact same dialogue as what is written on their webpage (I mean webchannel). My wife, whom doesn't have the same drive to point out the BS on the news as myself actually said at the end of the story. "I have no idea what meningitis is, I was waiting the entire story for them to say what it was and they never did".

Score 1 for the wife. For those that have no idea what meningitis is, you think they would take the time to do a little research and maybe mention something about the disease itself, maybe some symptoms, treatments, how to avoid it, etc.. But nope. . not at sux.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Omaha TV News: February 2011

comments on kxvo and jim flowers ad which might be copied from

Omaha TV News: Separated at Birth? Trois

Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 AM

Yeah, I saw that commercial on Fox and thought, "hrm.. didn't I see this somewhere already" why yes I have on Omaha TV News! BTW billiefan I have a few more pictures I just moved off my phone. They are slowly making the path toward my online album, but I've been supa' busy so the updates have been scarce, non-existent really. . haha

Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Yeah, I saw that commercial on Fox and thought, "hrm.. didn't I see this somewhere already" why yes I have on Omaha TV News! BTW billiefan I have a few more pictures I just moved off my phone. They are slowly making the path toward my online album, but I've been supa' busy so the updates have been scarce, non-existent really. . haha
pheaton

hope u got the jim flowers answering his phone on the news moment.

was on last friday or saturday's newscast on wowt.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM

29 posts, read 67,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Omaha TV News: Five

article on the only 5 people at wowt who deserve to keep their jobs

1. Caitlin Roth
2. Jaime McCutcheon
3. Rusty Lord
4. Tracy Madden
5. Mike McKnight

Aside from those five, everyone else deserves pink slips, because, unlike Channel 7 and even Channel 3, Channel Sux has done an embarrassingly bad job of developing talent.
Update: I had Jaime McCutcheon as a facebook friend and she has just updated her status to reflect that she is no longer at WOWT and is a stay-at-home mom now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha