Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,192 times

Advertisements

I can't believe this isn't on the news yet. Last night in west Omaha (180th & "Q" - Harrison St) 8 homes were robbed. My good friend was robbed while he and his family were sleeping! They broke in through the garage and snuck into his room where him and his wife were sleeping and took his wallet and keys off the night stand next to the bed. They took her purse, the 52" LCD TV off the living room wall, stole the Blue Ray player, some expensive pots and pans and then entered the garage where they stole a bunch of tools. To ice the cake they took the 08 RAM 2500 and 02 Maxima right out of the garage too!

When they awoke the next morning they discovered what had happened and called the police. The lady on the other end said there would be officers there as soon as they could be. They were busy with other neighbors in the neighborhood. Apparently 7 other homes were hit and 12 cars were stolen. A neighbor of my friend said she was awake around 1:30 AM with a sick child and heard his Ram start up and drive away. She remembers wondering where he'd be going at that hour.

WOW....I can't even imagine knowing that someone was in my own room a couple feet from me while I was sleeping taking my stuff. CRAZY!!

If anyone sees a 2008 Red Dodge RAM 2500 with a BLACK hood, call it into the cops! You can't miss it. Big old red Dodge truck with a non painted primer (black) hood on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 01:47 PM

306 posts, read 714,114 times
It shows that burglaries can happen anywhere in town and people need to be vigilant. Hopefully the cars haven't been taken to a chop shop and dismantled by now.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM

76 posts, read 142,337 times
And that's why we spend the money each month on a house alarm......and have two obnoxiously loud dogs.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:12 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Weston View Post
And that's why we spend the money each month on a house alarm......and have two obnoxiously loud dogs.
Correcto. Our dog barks at any little noise. The garage has a kill swich of sorts making it harder to open. The perimeter alarm is set before bed and all doors and windows are secure. If that fails I have a little something extra. I don't even have to be in the same room as the criminal to use it, because I know drywall isn't going to stop it..

Old 10-05-2010, 03:02 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,873 times
180th and q is near Millard West High school right?

that cant be, Millard West area of the city never has anything bad happen in it

considering how many wannabee punks go to MWHS, maybe they should be investigated first

(you know the same way some in west omaha

like to blame Omaha North high school for anything bad that happens in North Omaha

Old 10-05-2010, 03:07 PM

306 posts, read 714,114 times
I would question the football team first.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessep28 View Post
I would question the football team first.
you maybe onto something. after the gangbanger photo incident a while back, who knows if they maybe trying to act out their pretend alter-egos

for those who dont know what I am talking about just now,

go to: Millard West High school 'Gang signs' called silly

Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM

380 posts, read 1,000,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Correcto. I don't even have to be in the same room as the criminal to use it, because I know drywall isn't going to stop it..

LOL Oh yeah, I like your train of thought!!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,009,478 times
Does this really have to turn into a West Omaha vs. North Omaha debate?? Come on.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Does this really have to turn into a West Omaha vs. North Omaha debate?? Come on.

than tell that to the bigots who post on wowt and ketv websites

that always say racist things when something happens in north omaha

west omaha folks need to grow a spine. if they dont like being mocked, than DONT DO IT to North Omaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: