U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 PM

88 posts, read 73,710 times

Advertisements

You know I really don't have problem with Rotwieller's. Every Rotweiller I have known HAS been lovable touchable squeezable. In contrast to that, every pitbull I have had contact with has been unpredictable and crazy. In response to Pitbull Mamma's line of questioning as to whether I am a licensed dog trainer or certified in anyway -- I see that as an attempt to discredit my opinion. That is a tactic that's used when you have no VALID answers to the shear numbers that the available statistics provide.

I have been on this earth over 40 years -- and I have come into contact with many breeds of dogs. I have owned dogs. I prefer hunting dogs over guard dogs. I have many friends --some who have owned pitbulls. And these dogs have always been tempermental and a little crazy -- and it had nothing to do with their upbringing. I have also known a few pitbull/mixes that were actually brought to the humane society and probobly put down because they were biters and the owners did the responsible thing.

The data supports my own experience. I have known people who were attacked by roaming pitbulls, so sorry Pitbullmommy - but a roaming and very vocal Pitbull advocate from Florida (or any other city for that matter) really doesn't sway my opinion of what should be done about the Pitbull problem in Omaha. We have a big dog fighting problem in OMAHA. This is a board about OMAHA.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM

23 posts, read 70,632 times
Read more carefully please. Pitbullmommie did not post that. I did. I don't need or care to discredit your opinion Jesse_James. I believe that's been your tactic. Just simple questions asked, hoping to elicit an intelligent answer or two. I notice you like to lace sarcasm and some condescending verbiage throughout your posts...referring to others as "kid" for example. Many people use sarcasm in an attempt to cover insecurity.
What I do appreciate from your post is this--- you finally disclosed that your own personal experiences with "pit-bulls" have been generally unpleasant ones. Thank you. Now we have some clue as to why you are so incredibly passionate about your position. I imagine you could put all of this energy to work for you and become part of your own perceived solution. Are you actively pursuing a solution?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM

1,930 posts, read 9,458,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Sam I Am, and PBM!!!ARE YOU TWO ALIVE?DID YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT?LOL.
Haha! Yeah, my monsters sleep in their crates though so, they can't kill me while I'm sleeping! My husband is out of town for 3 days! I'm home alone with my three vicious, unstable, bloodthirsty "pit bulls"!! What am I going to do?!?! lmao! I must be crazy owning these dogs!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse--james View Post
You know I really don't have problem with Rotwieller's. Every Rotweiller I have known HAS been lovable touchable squeezable. In contrast to that, every pitbull I have had contact with has been unpredictable and crazy. In response to Pitbull Mamma's line of questioning as to whether I am a licensed dog trainer or certified in anyway -- I see that as an attempt to discredit my opinion. That is a tactic that's used when you have no VALID answers to the shear numbers that the available statistics provide.

I have been on this earth over 40 years -- and I have come into contact with many breeds of dogs. I have owned dogs. I prefer hunting dogs over guard dogs. I have many friends --some who have owned pitbulls. And these dogs have always been tempermental and a little crazy -- and it had nothing to do with their upbringing. I have also known a few pitbull/mixes that were actually brought to the humane society and probobly put down because they were biters and the owners did the responsible thing.

The data supports my own experience. I have known people who were attacked by roaming pitbulls, so sorry Pitbullmommy - but a roaming and very vocal Pitbull advocate from Florida (or any other city for that matter) really doesn't sway my opinion of what should be done about the Pitbull problem in Omaha. We have a big dog fighting problem in OMAHA. This is a board about OMAHA.
First of all, whether this thread is in Omaha or not, it's about "pit bulls" so, I have a right to state my opinions. I normally stay in "pets" and in "Florida", not that it's really any of your concern, but when I search "pit bulls" it brings this thread up. Anything that has to do with "pit bulls", so-called "dangerous" breeds, BSL, breed bans, and anything else that I'm concerned about, passionate about or that affects me, is my business. Now, I understand that you have had some bad experiences with "pit bulls" and if it wasn't the owners fault, it was how they were bred. If you knew anything at all about these dogs you would know that. Not all "pit bull" owners own poorly bred, raised, trained, socialized and handled "pit bulls", not all "pit bulls" are mean and most people have never and will never have a bad run in with a "pit bull". Your opinions are you opinion and you have every right in the world to state them, just like the rest of us do, but don't state your opinions like their facts, because they are not.

Oh and you either need to learn to read, slow down when you are reading or relax! lmao! Because again, you are putting words in my mouth! I never asked you if you were licensed dog trainer or certified in anyway. I asked you to explain to me why sooo many "pit bulls" are loving and friendly until their dying day. I asked you why sooo many "pit bulls" are used as police dogs, search and rescue dogs, drug detection dogs, service dogs, therapy dogs, etc. You want to tell people that are very knowledgeable on these breeds and that own these breeds, that these breeds are these crazy, unstable, bloodthirsty monsters.. right? So, why don't you answer the questions that I have asked you instead of putting words in my mouth and then being sarcastic?

"so sorry Pitbullmommy - but a roaming and very vocal Pitbull advocate from Florida (or any other city for that matter) really doesn't sway my opinion" Umm.. are you serious?!?! lmao! Florida isn't a city sweety! Florida is a state! I personally don't care what your opinion is and I don't care if I change your opinion or not, but I'm not about to sit back and let someone that is completely uneducated about these breeds, bad mouth them! Again, I am the owner of three "pit bulls", anything that has to do with "pit bulls" affects me and it is my business so, I will say what I want. Sorry if you don't like people that are educated about these dogs and that spend everyday with these dogs, speaking the truth, that's too bad now isn't it? As you have said, the truth hurts.. doesn't it?

Old 07-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse--james View Post
[b]yeah yeah these three A.K.C. registered breeds -- and any dog that has 25% or more of these breeds in the.
Haha.. again?? Lmao! Why do you keep putting words in my mouth?? I never said that they are AKC breeds, in fact, APBTs aren't recognized by the AKC. American Pit Bull Terriers are recognized by the UKC, NKC, ADBA, CKC, APBR, APRI and the ACR. However, many American Pit Bull Terriers are duel registered as American Staffordshire Terriers with the AKC and as American Pit Bull Terriers with other such as the UKC and the CKC. American Staffordshire Terriers are recognized by the FCI, AKC, CKC, NKC, NZKC, CKC, APBR, ANKC, APRI and the ACR.. and Staffordshire Bull Terriers are recognized by the CKC, FCI, AKC, UKC, KCGB, CKC, ANKC, NKZ, NZKC, APRI and the ACR.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyamc View Post
Are you a dog owner Jess_James? Are you a dog trainer? Are you a vet? Are you a K-9 trainer? Search and Rescue? Are you a dog bite survivor? I'm just curious...aside from your apparent ability to retrieve statistical information from a massive database, (that is...I'm sorry to say, a bit flawed, ) what kind of experience do you have to validate your position? Do you believe that media coverage in the United States is designed to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? In the court of the American public, I do not believe the media is held to this standard. So as the consumer, are you truly willing to swallow all the media is feeding you, without questioning why?
You definitely got rep. points from me for this one! I love it! Wonderful post! I loved this part... "I'm just curious...aside from your apparent ability to retrieve statistical information from a massive database, (that is...I'm sorry to say, a bit flawed, ) what kind of experience do you have to validate your position? Do you believe that media coverage in the United States is designed to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyamc View Post
What a cute video! I would give you rep. points for that post too, but I have to wait until I have given some to other people! That pit looked like a killing machine! That poor dog that was sitting next to him on the couch might be next! lmao! Our male, Brooklyn, does that. When he gets a toy with stuffing in it like that he pulls it all out and then spits it out all over the place! Destiny and Jayda will eat the whole toy! So, we have to watch them! lol!

Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Another one bites the dust.....

Grandma killed by pitbull terrier
By Gilbert Felongco, Correspondent
Published: July 24, 2007, 00:06

According to a report published by the Manila Bulletin, Zenaida Sebastian died from bite wounds she sustained after her pet pitbull attacked her as she was feeding the animal at her residence in suburban Marikina City.

The woman's granddaughter Stephany had also been hospitalised after being mauled by the animal, which is presently being kept under observation at a kennel at the City Veterinary Office.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 PM

Default ba bump bump bump.... another one bites the dust

Brit Rescues Small Dog from the Mouth of Pitbull
By Staff Reporter (office@theleader.info)
(Published: 23/07/2007 Edition No.: 170)

Peter Grant bravely rescued a small dog which was being savaged by an aggressive American Pit-bull Terrier in Los Altos.

He was in his garden when he heard the commotion. The elderly owner of the small dog started to suffer an asthma attack at the shock of seeing her dog flung about by this Pit-bull which appeared from out of nowhere. Peter and his friend Thomas Hope immediately phoned the police and put the dog into an enclosed garden.

When we spoke to Peter they were still waiting for someone to come and collect the dog which had no address label or name on its collar.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM

Default and another one's down and another one's down...

'Frenzied pitbull chewed at my leg'
Brave Shazad Sakander was left with these nasty injuries when he came between his pal and the jaws of a snapping pitbull.

Shazad, 17, was one of two teenage lads attacked as they watched a game of football in Coronation Square in Southcote on Wednesday last week.

The Thames Valley University student was watching the match when the frenzied dogs raced on to the field, he said.

Advertisementyour story continues below
While the players ran for safety, one pitbull followed Shazad’s pal, who does not want to be named, into Southcote Lane. The boy ran into a nearby garden to try to get away from the dog – but the animal followed him.

That’s when Shazad, a former Blessed Hugh Faringdon School pupil of Foxglove Gardens, off Oxford Road, heard him scream.

He said: “Me and a group of friends were playing football on Wednesday evening. I was watching them play and we could see two males come on to the pitch with pitbulls.

“People were running away and I could see one person fall over. The dog nearly got him. Many of my friends were scared, but I could hear my friend screaming for help.”

But when the have-a-go-hero went to his pal’s aid the dog turned on him.

He continued: “I could see the dog coming towards me. It jumped up and bit my arm. I ran into another garden, but it pushed the gate down to the ground like it was nothing. It started chewing at my thigh and was biting my leg for ages.”

Eventually an elderly man came out of a house and started hitting the dog with a broom. Shazad added: “It jumped up and chewed my arm. Eventually it went away.

“I was really scared I did not know when it was going to stop.”

His friend, he said, had two 10p-sized chunks taken out his leg. He has puncture marks on his thighs and bites on his arm which had to be bandaged by doctors.

Shazad, who was taken to hospital by ambulance, said after the attack the owner walked up, took the dog and drove off without even apologising.

Shazad’s furious mother, retired Rosemary Andrew, 59, said: “My main concern is this dog is still running around and there are young children about. Something should be done about it.

“I just felt horrified and the way it happened, and how the owner just walked off. There were no questions asked. He just took the dog and walked off.”

Reading police spokesman Adam Fisher said: “We have received a report of dogs running around on their own and attacking a teenager in Southcote Lane, Reading, on July 4. We are currently investigating the incident.”

Anyone with information should call 08458 505 505 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Hey they's gonna get you too.. another one bites the dust!

Little girl mauled in attack by pitbull terrier

Katie Marie Cleary, who was bitten by a pitbull, with her mother Breda

Moderator cut: copyrighted material

Last edited by Keeper; 12-08-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or