U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM

13,930 posts, read 19,151,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Without any working knowledge of business I can't expect you to understand that regardless of a level playing field people do not have to go out to eat. They may have to drive on specific roads to get to their jobs but they do not have to go out to eat.

I won't be responding to this thread again. Stomping your feet in an effort to bolster your opinion into fact doesn't work with me and it's pointless to continue this discussion. Some posts aren't worth the effort.
Oh the "you wouldn't understand" card. Why not just wave your white flag and call it a day?

You are right that people don't have to go out to eat, but they do it anyway and contrary to the claims (read; scare tactics) of many, the actual negative impact of the smoking ban and tax increase on the industry has been minimal at best.

After digging through some of your posts I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a restaurant owner who has either lost his business or on the verge of doing so and you are looking at the smoking ban as your excuse. Provided my suspicion is correct (and that you would own up to it) my question would be why the smoking ban has harmed you so much while others continue to survive? Or even thrive?

Maybe it was nothing more than the nail in the coffin for a subpar establishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,468,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Oh the "you wouldn't understand" card. Why not just wave your white flag and call it a day?

You are right that people don't have to go out to eat, but they do it anyway and contrary to the claims (read; scare tactics) of many, the actual negative impact of the smoking ban and tax increase on the industry has been minimal at best.

After digging through some of your posts I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a restaurant owner who has either lost his business or on the verge of doing so and you are looking at the smoking ban as your excuse. Provided my suspicion is correct (and that you would own up to it) my question would be why the smoking ban has harmed you so much while others continue to survive? Or even thrive?

Maybe it was nothing more than the nail in the coffin for a sub par establishment.

If you actually did look through my posts, (another credibility flaw) you would know that I have been retired since I was 44. Nothing subpar there, lol. I guess you could say I know business pretty well.

If you would like to save face with anyone else that actually reads your posts...please pull up the posts of mine you are referencing. Is this another one of your facts? Have I been wasting my time with a child?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
If you actually did look through my posts, (another credibility flaw) you would know that I have been retired since I was 44. Nothing subpar there, lol. I guess you could say I know business pretty well.

If you would like to save face with anyone else that actually reads your posts...please pull up the posts of mine you are referencing. Is this another one of your facts? Have I been wasting my time with a child?
I wasn't looking for posts regarding your retirement. I actually dug up some older ones where you were bitching about the smoking ban in the politics forum. Since your perspective for those arguments came from the owner side and you didn't deny being a restaurant owner, I'm betting I had that part accurately pegged.

And no, my self admitted suspicion is not fact, even a child could tell you that much.

Edit: Since I saw you wanted to bring up credibility, I thought I'd point out that your previous posts claim that you were "semi-retired at 43"..."retired at 43" and now it changed to "retired at 44". Quite curious if you ask me.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I wasn't looking for posts regarding your retirement. I actually dug up some older ones where you were bitching about the smoking ban in the politics forum. Since your perspective for those arguments came from the owner side and you didn't deny being a restaurant owner, I'm betting I had that part accurately pegged.

And no, my self admitted suspicion is not fact, even a child could tell you that much.

Edit: Since I saw you wanted to bring up credibility, I thought I'd point out that your previous posts claim that you were "semi-retired at 43"..."retired at 43" and now it changed to "retired at 44". Quite curious if you ask me.

Wow, going from semi to retired in half a year...now that's a problem, LMAO.

Your assumptions have made an "A" out of you. Keep it up!!! And trust me, I will never ask YOU anything!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Wow, going from semi to retired in half a year...now that's a problem, LMAO.
Ahh, but you claimed to have "retired" at two different ages, 43 and 44.

Quote:
I have a college degree and retired at 43.
How do smokers deal with the new smoking ban

Nice try, slick Willy.

Quote:
Your assumptions have made an "A" out of you. Keep it up!!!
And yet, you still haven't denied them save for the timeline. Pretty telling, don't you think?

Quote:
And trust me, I will never ask YOU anything!
Not surprising. You've shown here that you don't do well with facts, so I can see why you'd need to get your information elsewhere.

Oh, and I'll also remind you that despite your previous declaration to leave this discussion, you're still here posting.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Ahh, but you claimed to have "retired" at two different ages, 43 and 44.

How do smokers deal with the new smoking ban

Nice try, slick Willy.

And yet, you still haven't denied them save for the timeline. Pretty telling, don't you think?

OMG...do you EVER quit making assumptions? You don't retire overnight, it takes time to reorganize your affairs. In fact, I still do reorganize from time to time. The conclusions you jump to prove my point, not yours. And because I argue for my right to choice you assume I own a bar or restaurant? You are pathetic.

I also argue that businesses should have the right to choose their clientele. Nope, still doesn't make me a business owner!

Not surprising. You've shown here that you don't do well with facts, so I can see why you'd need to get your information elsewhere.

I do fine with facts, you just don't provide any. You're still calling your assumptions are facts! Do you not know the difference?

Oh, and I'll also remind you that despite your previous declaration to leave this discussion, you're still here posting.
I'm not in the habit of letting people say things about me that aren't true. I guess you thought that statement would give you free reign to throw your assumptions around about me as well. It won't work.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,474,960 times
comment on this, perhaps?

Suttle Supporters Bus Homeless To Vote (and paying them to vote?)

Suttle Supporters Bus Homeless To Vote

Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Looks pretty ACORNish to me.

A Nevada woman was just sentenced for her part in an ACORN issue very similar to this. I wonder how they are working around the law in this case. It's too bad we have come to having to resort to these kind of tactics rather than dealing with the issues.

Hopefully, someone with opposing views will pick up the ball and do something similar. You have to fight water with water, I guess. I'm toning down my rhetoric.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, someone with opposing views will pick up the ball and do something similar. You have to fight water with water, I guess. I'm toning down my rhetoric.
I think that's precisely what Forward Omaha is doing?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM

Billiefan2000 it looks like Francis Sienna House felt it was fishy too. They will no longer allow Forward Omaha to bus from their establishment. And they are being threatened by some that say they will pull their donations.

I guess I will make a donation to them. Rewarding the good decision of this organisations actions is something I would encourage from anyone in a position to do so. We have to let people know that votes are not for sale in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or