Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 AM

148 posts, read 386,296 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried this program? I am looking for any information relating to this, success stories, non success stories, worth the cost, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 AM

624 posts, read 1,308,848 times
I'd say get a gym membership and do it yourself. It's much more rewarding and you don't bother with the cost of classes or trainers. There's a wealth of free info at www.bodybuilding.com

I'd say it's not worth it, but that's what I say about everything fitness related that you have to pay for, except for the necessary supplements, straight up protein and creatine. I might as well be a personal trainer myself, so if you want to know my take on anything fitness related, theories, pm me.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 AM

I tried doing it myself but was unsuccessful between lack of self discipline and not knowing if I'm doing anything right.

Thanks for your input.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:45 AM

Plus, I'm a girl so I wouldn't take any creatine, etc....I don't want to look all muscular, just lose pounds and inches....

Old 12-30-2010, 01:46 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Looks like another version of P90X to me. I'd say give it a shot.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 AM

624 posts, read 1,308,848 times
With what ever you choose, good luck! My best piece of advice is to work hard in the gym and work harder in the kitchen, which, although, is a very cliche thing to say in the fitness world, it's important! Diet is worth much more than exercise, but put dedication towards both and you will see great success. Good luck again.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:53 AM

17 posts, read 42,779 times
I think the thing that you need to look at is are you more likely to feel like a part of the group in these classes or do you think that the group will provide you with excuses not to go. I have trained some people that were very successful with the support of group workouts, and some people that thought the other people were judging them (and were therefore unsuccessful as they didn't want to come back).

If you have an outgoing personality and will make an effort to connect with the group, I think it is a great idea. If you are more introverted, one-on-one personal training would probably suit you better. Obviously the one-on-one is a little more expensive, but would be worth it if that's the way that you are going to be successful.

I'm pulling for you. If you need any help or support, let me know.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the support...I think as long as I get a friend to do it with me, I wouldn't feel as insecure in the class setting. I am more introverted but I have tried the one-on-one personal trainer and 1. it was too expensive and 2. didn't work out for me at least with that particular person.

I think everyone is there to improve their lifestyle so I don't see why I wouldn't fit in on that level. If you are talking about the more advanced people being mixed with the beginners, then I think those who are advanced have been in the beginners spot before and would be more than willing to be an encouragement. If the advanced individuals are not supportive or think they are better, than I don't want to know those people. I'm only living my life and need to do what's best for me. Not care if a stranger is judging me. Also, I think a lot of people think someone is always looking at them and judging them, but our biggest critic is ourselves.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,292 times
I'm heard Farell's works great if you can afford it. The extreme supposedly represents the changes you can expect in your body, not necessarily the type of workout. Farell's is supposed to be a workout that anyone can do, the workout is not "extreme".

I agree what others say about working hard in the kitchen. I've lost 20 pounds in the last few months by changing my diet. I don't work out much at all. I should work out more and I might start doing that at some point, but I really had to start by first changing my bad eating habits.

That being said, if you want any kind of diet/exercise routine to work for you, you have to be ready to make a change in your life. I always failed at my dieting because I don't think deep down I cared enough. In my case I did a lot of complaining to myself about my weight, and feeling disgusted, but never did anything about it. Finally, and I'm not sure what it was, but I reached a turning point, and decided to change. But I think many people have to reach that same point.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM

116 posts, read 281,760 times
A co-worker of mine did it and it worked for him. You have to be dedicated and disciplined though with what you eat. He had to eat 6 times a day with lots of lean protein and whole grain foods. I think he paid about $300 bucks for a 10 week program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha