U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,482 times
Default What towns are tech considered metro area?

We're having trouble with husbands ex. He has full custody of his son, and she has to pick him up snd drop him off for visits, by decree. She threatened the other day, saying we are going to be served papers and my husband is in contempt (because the decree states she has to provide transport in the metro area.) We live in Plattsmouth. I don't know if she really has a leg to stand on since I don't know if there's a legal list of towns. I know Plattmouth is 25 miles from Council Bluffs (where she lives), and that's closer than some towns considered "in the metro area". I wonder if we might be forced to move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-11-2011, 08:08 PM

1,127 posts, read 794,134 times
Plattsmouth is a part of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro according to the 2000 census if you want to take Wiki's word for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_&...ropolitan_area

Unread 01-12-2011, 10:55 PM

696 posts, read 785,263 times
OMG asking legal questions for the trolls to answer!

The terms are stated in "the decree".
If these terms are vague there is room to say that one is in contempt of the decree and you can be back in court if they want to spend the money to get it there.

From my point of view (as a single parent with full custody) remember visitation is about the child's best interest, not what is convenient for the adults. Try and play nice instead of lowering yourself to the other party's level and document it in case you do end up in court.

Unread 01-13-2011, 03:38 PM

3,285 posts, read 5,725,298 times
Yes indeed, all of Cass County is in the Metro area, along with Douglas, Sarpy, Washington, Saunders, Pottawatamie, Harrison and Mills counties. Heck, if you wanted you could move even farther south and still be good.

Unread 01-14-2011, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,482 times
EThank you Rafael. Unfortunately, JustMe, I'd have to write a book to explain the situation. It's suffice to say that we've gone way above and far beyond for her. Give an inch and she takes 5 miles. We are just covering ourselves from any possible way she tries to uproot us. This is for our children, too.

Unread 01-14-2011, 07:19 AM

1,048 posts, read 1,185,083 times
It's just silly for them to put "metro" in the decree. How non-specific.

Unread 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM

696 posts, read 785,263 times
No need to explain everything.

The situation is you have a legal document that is vague
so either party can challenge it in court if they want to pay for an attorney.

The only way they could uproot your family would be to challenge your current address in court and have a judge agree with her.

The part I added " remember visitation is about the child's best interest, not what is convenient for the adults"
was included for anyone reading the thread.

Unread 01-14-2011, 11:35 PM

65,408 posts, read 51,731,464 times
OP, I think you should talk to your lawyer about this. JustMe is right, this is no place to get legal advice. How would that stand up in court: "I asked them on City-Data and they said. . . ". I'm not being snide, either.

Unread 01-16-2011, 11:43 AM

923 posts, read 829,419 times
Plattsmouth is definetely in the metropolitan area as defined by OMB. There is only one public definition of a metro area. If they are disputing that, then they are wrong and their argument will fall flat. They will then have to re-define the boundaries or they may begin accepting these other counties.

That said, Plattsmouth isn't very far from Bellevue/Offutt. Just a few minutes north and you are in Bellevue which is continous and part of the Omaha urban core area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha