U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 AM

736 posts, read 1,668,288 times

Advertisements

I think it is going to be a sterle city run event. Much like the Douglas County Fair, Septemberfest and River City Roundup turned out to be.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 12:04 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,680 times
It will still be a great time.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM

816 posts, read 1,420,692 times
Outside of this thread being an obvious attempt to attract flames, I see it being a roaring success. The new stadium is better is almost every way that counts. More seats, better concessions area. More up to date restrooms. Not to mention the fact it is in a much nicer neighborhood! And for the record I live within walking distance of rosenblatt (about 15-20min in fact).

Old 03-13-2011, 12:37 PM

Yeah I think it will take off at TD. It peaked at Rosenblatt in 2000 and now has a chance to grow and will be an even better thing for the city. I can't wait to see all the positives that come out of the move.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:34 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,547,720 times
Many will miss the old ballpark tucked into a neighborhood feel.... It will take a few years for old traditions to get reestablished... Traffic and parking will be horrible the first few years... But in about year 3 things will start to settle down and new traditions will develop.

it will do well.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:22 PM

13,943 posts, read 19,169,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Many will miss the old ballpark tucked into a neighborhood feel.... It will take a few years for old traditions to get reestablished... Traffic and parking will be horrible the first few years... But in about year 3 things will start to settle down and new traditions will develop.

it will do well.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. For the first year or two alot of the Save Rosenblatt types will ***** and moan and not go to the new stadium, but then they'll get over it and things will get back to normal.

However just like when the debate first happened, they will have zero impact on the grand scale. Anything we might lose from the old Rosenblatt stalwarts will be made up for and then some by those wanting to come see the new state of the art stadium.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,144,877 times
I'm anxious to get to a CWS game this year. I think the new stadium will be great. I have parking on 16th Street which isn't super close, but close enough to walk, so I think it will be good.

I also think the "parking will be terrible" argument is a little tired. Parking at Rosenblatt wasn't exactly a gem. It was more of a non-taxable income dream come true for the residents with a urban prairie next to their house.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM

2,585 posts, read 9,547,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I also think the "parking will be terrible" argument is a little tired. Parking at Rosenblatt wasn't exactly a gem. It was more of a non-taxable income dream come true for the residents with a urban prairie next to their house.
I think the difference is there was lots of parking at Rosenblatt (if you factor in all the yards and church parking lots and street). There was no parking in that area that was utilized for anything other than CWS.

Downtown you will have people driving there that are not used to downtown streets (one-ways etc) and they will be blended in with all of the people that normally drive down there for work. They will also be battling for the same parking spots that people downtown need every day.

I work downtown and I know many folks who do not have reserved parking are dreading the fight with CWS parkers. Was just talking with someone today who is getting on a list for a leased parking spot now just so they have a spot during the series so they don't impact work.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM

I will either be riding my bike or taking the shuttle from Midtown Crossing for the games I get to. Would be nice to take a streetcar to the stadium, but that is a different conversation.

That is a good point about the adding 20,000 people to the already thousands that work DT already. That will be an interesting thing to see year one.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:15 PM

13,943 posts, read 19,169,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Downtown you will have people driving there that are not used to downtown streets (one-ways etc)
They'll get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha