Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

It's nothing short of amazing how quickly TDA Park has already provided immense benefit to the city and the NoDo area.

Quote:
OMAHA, Neb. -- Tickets go on sale in just over a week for this year's College World Series. As the stadium gets its finishing touches, new businesses are popping up around it. If you haven't been to north downtown in a while, you might be surprised at the change taking place.

A number of new businesses have opened in the past few weeks, and more are coming.

There's a lot of activity all around the new TD Ameritrade Stadium. It’s scheduled to be completed just in time for the College World Series in June.

More rooms are being added to the Hilton, and new businesses are sprouting up, hoping to get in on the action.

“It’s going to be a new hot spot for people to go to,” business owner Lila Anderson said.

South of the stadium, a new area called the Capitol District is flourishing with new bars and restaurants.
Growth Continues Around New Ball Park - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/27390223/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 PM

138 posts, read 264,824 times
And THIS is why you never listen to the Omaha anti-progress whiners that want it to remain a boring, flavorless bedroom town in the name of their property taxes not going up a few bucks.

They said the same stuff when Qwest was proposed over a decade ago and its helped to revitalize downtown like nothing else possibly could.

I moved from Omaha in 99 and am impressed with how positively things have changed every time I visit.

Good on em.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:38 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,302 times
Imagine the development throughout DT/Midtown if they had started the streetcar too...

Old 04-01-2011, 06:55 PM

"Waaaahhhh my property taxes went up a bit and all I got was good schools, a liveable vibrant city and a high quality of life. I was gonna use that money to go to Chili's a few more times"

Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Imagine the development throughout DT/Midtown if they had started the streetcar too...
I doubt the streetcar line is too far off.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
"Waaaahhhh my property taxes went up a bit and all I got was good schools, a liveable vibrant city and a high quality of life. I was gonna use that money to go to Chili's a few more times"

Haha, that's great.

I don't think the streetcar is too far off either. It will happen, just don't know when. No doubt, we'd be even further along if we had the streetcar already.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
it's still all downtown and a hassle to get to and from the area.

Honestly...I don't get what's wrong with putting it somewhere with easy access to/from it.

Or provide easy transportation in/out. I love going to ballgames in St. Louis--it's so easy to take the train downtown.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Gotta love Omaha.
That's one thing I vividly remember from growing up there:
15 minutes before the end of anything, theres an exodus to the doors because - heaven forbid - you might get stuck in a 3 minute line to get out of the building or a (gasp! shock! horror!) 10 minute traffic jam to leave the area.

It happens guys. Not everything has to be in the middle of a field surrounded by a 3 mile ring of parking spaces.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:12 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post

It happens guys. Not everything has to be in the middle of a field surrounded by a 3 mile ring of parking spaces.
It sure would be nice though.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
It sure would be nice though.
There will be 72 games at Werner Park for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: