U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM
 
138 posts, read 218,966 times
Reputation: 112

Advertisements

Are people being sufficiently rocked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 AM
 
138 posts, read 218,966 times
Reputation: 112
As to our previous discussion regarding 311's worthiness to headline a festival and ability to draw a crowd?
Looks like I won.
They pulled 7,000 (less than half of capacity)

http://m.omaha.com/om/pm_23102/conte...tguid=p8dKZ1Db
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM
 
816 posts, read 1,420,252 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
As to our previous discussion regarding 311's worthiness to headline a festival and ability to draw a crowd?
Looks like I won.
They pulled 7,000 (less than half of capacity)

Omaha.com : A proud homecoming for 311
In all fairness we have been under a rather bad heatwave. I rather doubt than even a huge national act could have filled the stadium. I know there have been many days I wish I could have gone as $15 is a steal, but not in 115° heat indexes. Same with many of the people I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Midtown Omaha
1,225 posts, read 1,817,292 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
In all fairness we have been under a rather bad heatwave. I rather doubt than even a huge national act could have filled the stadium. I know there have been many days I wish I could have gone as $15 is a steal, but not in 115° heat indexes. Same with many of the people I know.
But the planners cannot blame the heat when they scheduled the event in late July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
 
138 posts, read 218,966 times
Reputation: 112
Yet Coachella can bring 100,000 to the desert to see bands when it's ACTUALLY 115.
And 311 Played at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
 
816 posts, read 1,420,252 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
Yet Coachella can bring 100,000 to the desert to see bands when it's ACTUALLY 115.
And 311 Played at night.
Your said a key word there, "desert". a 115 heat index always feels worse than a 115 dry heat. Also 311 did not play at night, it was at 6:30 in the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
 
138 posts, read 218,966 times
Reputation: 112
Well Pretend Journey pulled a crowd the previous night,so all you really have are excuses.
311 couldnt sell out half of a cheap show in their hometown.

It's 2011. Someone tell 311.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
 
816 posts, read 1,420,252 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
Well Pretend Journey pulled a crowd the previous night,so all you really have are excuses.
311 couldnt sell out half of a cheap show in their hometown.

It's 2011. Someone tell 311.
Journey is also a MUCH more popular band, so for them to draw a larger crowd is expected. If you had read the link you provided you would have known that the crowd 311 did pull in was a large crowd for them.

And all you have is criticism. I have yet to hear ONE positive thing from you on anything. If anything you seem to be enjoying putting this whole event down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
 
138 posts, read 218,966 times
Reputation: 112
Im not this event's mom.
I dont have to say anything positive about it.
Its a crap festival that it would be generous to describe as "bush league"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 PM
 
816 posts, read 1,420,252 times
Reputation: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
Im not this event's mom.
I dont have to say anything positive about it.
Its a crap festival that it would be generous to describe as "bush league"
Nor do you have to say anything negative about it. I can now see the kind of person you are and will NOT be replying to your posts again. Good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top