Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times

Advertisements

joey:

why cant there be bus service down west maple road?

I think crappy bus service out west is better than no bus service, or does curt simon of METRO believe certain parts of the city are to be segregated from bus service all together

plenty of folks use the 15 route (even on sundays). I saw 10 people on the 15bus I took thos morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM

9 posts, read 11,442 times
The revitalization is going great! We have had amazing people buying homes, and the diversity has been amazing. Lived down on 24th and Lake area now for 3 years. Best kept secret of Omaha for affordable living, and we know and love our neighbors here. To buy in this program you must have stability, moderate income, and clean credit. There are no exceptions to this, so don't be fooled thinking that welfare people only are moving in these areas. The stereotypes are crap. To those who believe them, pay for location, not a home, and pretend you are safe, but for you that know better, come down and ask us. We are the Revitalizers, and we are proud that we are making a difference and can afford a nice home vs. paying outragious rent for dumps like we have in the past.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 AM

147 posts, read 259,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason2 View Post
The revitalization is going great! We have had amazing people buying homes, and the diversity has been amazing. Lived down on 24th and Lake area now for 3 years. Best kept secret of Omaha for affordable living, and we know and love our neighbors here. To buy in this program you must have stability, moderate income, and clean credit. There are no exceptions to this, so don't be fooled thinking that welfare people only are moving in these areas. The stereotypes are crap. To those who believe them, pay for location, not a home, and pretend you are safe, but for you that know better, come down and ask us. We are the Revitalizers, and we are proud that we are making a difference and can afford a nice home vs. paying outragious rent for dumps like we have in the past.
You're a Realtor, aren't you?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:32 PM

109 posts, read 322,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Sullivan View Post
You're a Realtor, aren't you?
Okay that was funny.....

Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
I do hope the area gets better, glad it has worked for you Voiceofreason2. I wish ya all luck in making the area better. But factually speaking there is still much more crime around the 24th and Lake area than further west. Drive by shootings are not something one typically sees in those other "pretending to be safe" areas of the city. That's not stereotype rubbish, its based on crimes reported.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
It would be good t o see the bricks go... however, i suspect this will only briefly polish the turd

Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
so true, but how they going to get off, if there are no jobs.
OMG, There are no jobs? YOu are crazy! Typical Liberail responce.

Let me tell you a story, This one guy I know was layed off back in May of 2013 Floated on his emergency funds for three weeks while applying for jobs in the Omaha Area. Interviewed for and was offered all four jobs.
Now working full time, and paying bills plus putting money in the bank for a rainy day and retirtement.

That guy I know was me. NO GOVERNMENT HELP.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 PM

125 posts, read 143,611 times
Billie a liberal?

This should be good

Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygolucky View Post
OMG, There are no jobs? YOu are crazy! Typical Liberail responce.

Let me tell you a story, This one guy I know was layed off back in May of 2013 Floated on his emergency funds for three weeks while applying for jobs in the Omaha Area. Interviewed for and was offered all four jobs.
Now working full time, and paying bills plus putting money in the bank for a rainy day and retirtement.

That guy I know was me. NO GOVERNMENT HELP.
Interesting. Now, just for the sake of comparing apples to apples, can you tell us what kind of job you were laid (not "layed") off from? What kind of education and/or technical training/experience do you possess? What kind of job did you take?

Also, when you say no government help, does that mean you did not apply for or receive the unemployment benefits you were entitled to?

Old 11-04-2013, 11:25 PM

737 posts, read 1,916,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Interesting. Now, just for the sake of comparing apples to apples, can you tell us what kind of job you were laid (not "layed") off from? What kind of education and/or technical training/experience do you possess? What kind of job did you take?

Also, when you say no government help, does that mean you did not apply for or receive the unemployment benefits you were entitled to?

Sorry this is the internet, one has to be very carefull of what kind information one puts on these forums.

Let's just say I did not have to sell the Hummer or Harley.

There are still people out there that take pride in not having to be taken care of by the Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: