U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 AM

696 posts, read 936,058 times

Advertisements

Your right harshbarj. That and the polling error factor.
There are also the people that will say in public (to be PC) that they are for it but
vote against it.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM

796 posts, read 745,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
Your right harshbarj. That and the polling error factor.
There are also the people that will say in public (to be PC) that they are for it but
vote against it.
Well it works both ways. Polling error is marked in minus OR plus, so the number could be higher. Also while some may say yes to be PC, some may say no in fear of being labeled gay themselves. So overall I would think the poll is about spot on.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM

6,486 posts, read 3,185,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
You need proof before you affect the lives of millions of americans in the name of saving yourself from going to hell. It is you that stands in the way of american freedom Calvinist.

You need to do less of worrying about the integrity of and livelyhood of gay americans and begin the real path to your salvation which is within you. It is not in your american nor in your biblical right to stand in the way of people's paths.

Please worry about yourself by working on yourself and that is where you will be saved.
You think my opposition to gay marriage is to somehow "save myself from hell"? Really?

I have numerous reasons to oppose same-gender marriage. None of them have anything to do with me going to heaven or hell.

I don't expect you to understand Christianity...but at least do a little homework before spouting off.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your examples are not sexual orientation.
The fact that a vast majority of males tend to like females seems to indicate that men are programmed that way.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The fact that a vast majority of males tend to like females seems to indicate that men are programmed that way.
My god a Calvinist post I mostly agree with . The world is ending.

Make it this and I would 100% agree
Quote:
seems to indicate that most men are programmed that way

Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
My god a Calvinist post I mostly agree with . The world is ending.

Make it this and I would 100% agree
ok? Most men are programmed to like adult women, as well. We don't give pedophiles a pass and call it natural, though.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
ok? Most men are programmed to like adult women, as well. We don't give pedophiles a pass and call it natural, though.
If your trying to put pedophilia on the same level as gayness you're really showing your lack of understanding of the issue (to put it nicely), especially as these are two ADULTS we are talking about. So they are not even comparable.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:25 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,016,173 times
Hey wait a sec, I'm a Christian (evangelical, even) and I have no problem with gay marriage.
Please don't assume that because one shares your views of salvation means they share your prejudices...

Old 09-19-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
If your trying to put pedophilia on the same level as gayness you're really showing your lack of understanding of the issue (to put it nicely), especially as these are two ADULTS we are talking about. So they are not even comparable.
I have never suggested that gay people = pedophiles. But I have seen pedophiles make the argument that they're born that way, so they shouldn't be penalized.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I have never suggested that gay people = pedophiles. But I have seen pedophiles make the argument that they're born that way, so they shouldn't be penalized.
Um, yes you did. Your last post you used general opposition to pedophilia as a supporting reason to also oppose gay marriage. Hence putting the two on equal footing. While you did not directly say they were equal, it was and has been heavily implied by you multiple times now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha