U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:05 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,473,731 times

Advertisements

anyone remember these?

Center Theatre at 35th and center (was by there once and it looked like it had been a theatre at one time and I was right)

CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Center Theatre, Omaha NE

Orchard 4 at 130th and center
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Orchard 4 Theaters, Omaha NE

Stockyards 8 at 32 and l street
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Stockyards Movies 8, Omaha NE

Q cinema 9 at 120th and q street
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Q Cinema 9, Omaha NE

and last but least, but the one most will remember.

Indian Hills Theatre at 86th and dodge (I cry a bit, I never got a chance to see movie there. that was a great theatre on dodge.
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Indian Hills Theatre, Omaha NE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM

816 posts, read 1,419,119 times
I use to go to the Stockyards 8 all the time as it is about a mile from my house. It was no more than a 15 minute walk. I was sad to see it go, but really I have not been there in almost 15 years. With the availability of video on the internet there has been no reason for me to go to a theater anymore.

You also forgot the southroads 4. This was the main theater I would visit even though it was farther away (it was split with 60% of my viewing here and 40% at the Stockyards ). It was just not as busy and made for a better experience. Though that could have been why it closed so long ago (I want to say mid 90's).
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Southroads 4 Theatres, Bellevue NE

Old 06-25-2011, 07:12 PM

30,328 posts, read 27,788,363 times
I remember my first date with my girlfriend at the Papio theater many years ago. Long before the drive-in movies started up.

Nebraska Memories : Item Viewer

Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 PM

216 posts, read 685,980 times
The Center Theater was close to my house, our family went there often. The first movie I seen alone there was The Poseidon Adventure (1972).

When it closed it became the Omaha Children's Theater. It was that for years till they renovated the Astro Theater aka The Rose.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
I use to go to the Stockyards 8 all the time as it is about a mile from my house. It was no more than a 15 minute walk. I was sad to see it go, but really I have not been there in almost 15 years. With the availability of video on the internet there has been no reason for me to go to a theater anymore.

You also forgot the southroads 4. This was the main theater I would visit even though it was farther away (it was split with 60% of my viewing here and 40% at the Stockyards ). It was just not as busy and made for a better experience. Though that could have been why it closed so long ago (I want to say mid 90's).
CinemaTour - Cinemas Around the World - Southroads 4 Theatres, Bellevue NE

I used to go to stockyards 8 once a month too. I loved that theatre and I miss it.

sucks the building is still empty and not being used.

anyone remember the one in ralston on park drive? it was a discount theatre.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:52 PM

32 posts, read 82,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I used to go to stockyards 8 once a month too. I loved that theatre and I miss it.

sucks the building is still empty and not being used.

anyone remember the one in ralston on park drive? it was a discount theatre.
Park 4 is what it was called i believe.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 PM

4,234 posts, read 7,264,181 times
Was Indian Hills the theater that had the huge screen that wrapped around about 180 degrees? I saw the SOUND OF MUSIC on that screen in 196?. Still my favorite movie experience of all time. Even better than STAR WARS the first time.
GL2

Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM

13,929 posts, read 19,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Was Indian Hills the theater that had the huge screen that wrapped around about 180 degrees? I saw the SOUND OF MUSIC on that screen in 196?. Still my favorite movie experience of all time. Even better than STAR WARS the first time.
GL2
Yes, that's the one.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sspiked View Post
Park 4 is what it was called i believe.
that was what it was called.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 PM

28 posts, read 45,820 times
I drive by the old Military Theater from time to time on my way home from work. It's now the Grace Apostolic Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or