U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM

14 posts, read 11,961 times
Question Doctors, Dentists, & Hair Stylists!

We are finalizing the details of our relocation to Omaha and should be there in another week or two. I need recommendations!!!

Here's what I need input on:
  1. Pediatrician - must have Sat. sick hours and responsive staff/nurses.
  2. Hair stylist - I have thick, naturally curly hair. Prefer a male stylist.
  3. Decent, yet cheap place to get my boys hair cut.
  4. Primary Care Physician for myself. Only chronic issue I currently have is hypertension.
  5. Pediatric dentist.
  6. Dentist for husband and myself.

We will be living in Southwest Omaha and I will work in that area as well. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:18 PM

795 posts, read 703,187 times
Only one I can comment on is a stylist (for you or your kids). I would suggest great clips as they are cheap yet know what they are doing. If you become a regular at one location you might even get to know and like one of the stylists there and could plan your trips by when they work.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:31 PM

608 posts, read 616,865 times
I second harsh.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM

6,486 posts, read 3,036,832 times
Pediatrician--check out a Dr. Laura Nielsen, or Dr. Mary Jane Mikuls at Children's Physicians at Village Point. Dr. Nielsen has seen my 10 year old since the week she was born. They have 2 other docs in their office but I'm just not personally familiar with them so I can't comment.

If I had boys I'd buy a set a of clippers from Walmart and give 'em a shave every couple months.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:03 PM

305 posts, read 349,876 times
When I lived in Millard, I would go to Millard Razor & Shear off of 138th and T. You more than often have to make an appointment because they are always busy, but they were reasonably priced and offered good haircuts.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM

24 posts, read 22,229 times
For myself, I like the Aveda Five Salon over off Pacific. It's in the little center by Trader Joes. Renee is wonderful, but I'm sure all the other stylists are as well.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,989,140 times
regarding dentists

try Omaha Dentist Reviews. Dentists in Omaha, NE.

which rates and has info on dentists in omaha

I would recomend Dr. Starkey http://www.starkeydds.com/

or dr. curry who is at 108th and q area

or dr. fitzgerald in the benson area near louis market

Old 07-05-2011, 04:57 PM

26 posts, read 32,266 times
Default Pediatric Dentist

If you're willing to drive to 156th and Fort for a pediatric dentist, I recommend Dr. Seiler. Nice, modern office and pleasant staff. He does glass fillings on baby teeth and composite on permanent. They also allow parents to always be with the child. I assumed that was standard until we started looking for a pediatric dentist and found that there are quite a few who require parents to stay in the waiting room. They do have a restraint policy, but had no problems with me refusing to sign it. We've been very happy with them for my daughter.

http://www.dds4kidz.com/

Last edited by IndigoIris; 07-05-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha