U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 PM

18 posts, read 40,998 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I'm currently living in Oklahoma City, planning to relocate to Omaha in the next month or so. I've visited a few times and have absolutely fallen in love with the area, in addition to my better half starting Creighton Law in a few weeks. I've lined up a good opportunity professionally and am looking to find a good apartment.

A little background: I'm 26, unmarried, college graduate, and have always been a "city person." I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I love a vibrant city scene and would like to live around others in my general demographic area.

Now for my preferences:
-I'd be working downtown (on the river), and I'm coming from a 40mi round trip commute here; I'd like to minimize that in Omaha if possible. Not to mention the proximity to Creighton and the g/f.
-1 bedroom is preferred, but 2 is doable if it isn't too expensive.
-I'd love a good view of the downtown area, again if it isn't too expensive.
-Ideal size would be 650-800sq ft.
-Ideal range would be $550-750.
-Garage or at least covered parking essential (I'm a big car guy; I take better care of my car than myself, lol!)

I don't mind living further out if it's necessary to get a quality apartment for a reasonable price, but downtown or midtown would be better if possible. I appreciate any help you can offer!

**PLEASE keep it on topic... I found one other thread on apartments, and it was derailed after no more than two suggestions... spiraling into a debate on crime. I'm sure others could find this useful if it stays on topic.**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 05:46 AM

25 posts, read 176,520 times
Default Apartments

I think all of the decent downtown apartments are expensive. If you will both be around downtown or Creighton, look into units in Bellevue. Very easy commute to Creighton and downtown. There are some nice apartments on Hwy370 just off the 75 freeway. 10 minute commute into Omaha.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,193,001 times
If you're going to be working Downtown and you're wife will be at CU then you guys should live Downtown. Why drive? I live and work Downtown. I don't have a car. Everything I need is down here. There are also plenty of other people in our age range to meet.

There are plenty of apartments around Downtown that would fit your description. I'm headed out to work now, but you can PM me about more specific places. I can also get you the numebers for some apartment buidings to call for availability.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM

18 posts, read 67,564 times
Check out the Skinner Macaroni Apts at 14th and Jackson. I've lived here for the last 6 years and it's been absolutely great. Very reasonable and Great management. There's underground garage parking. Nice rooftop deck with gas grills provided. Good luck with your search and welcome to Omaha.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:30 PM

18 posts, read 40,998 times
Interesting, that is not one I've stumbled across in my searches. Any websites or pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or