U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:54 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,457,024 times

Advertisements

btw

isnt Crash Davis replacing Becka's show?

i btw would like to see Life With Psychic Suzanna cancelled from KFAB

she like Rebecca Rosen (a self professed psychic from Omaha) are phonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 12:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 19,060,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Now that's he's gone perhaps we will not see the level of anti progress as we have seen over the last few years. Seemed he was against anything that bettered the city and could stir people up enough to cause problems. Real sad.
I don't think it will make a whole bunch of difference. He had a small but vocal group of listeners, and I'm sure the city administration knew that. All of the major projects that Becka was opposed to ended up happening anyways, so he obviously had very little influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
what kind of progress was he against?
- Replacing Rosenblatt with TDA Park (though to Becka's credit, he admits the new stadium is awesome).

- Against the pedestrian bridge.

- Against the police and fire contracts.

- Against the proposed street car lines.

Quote:
and he was stirring people up a bit to ask questions? why is that bad.
No, he was stirring up people with false or misleading information. I shouldn't have to tell you why that is bad.

Quote:
btw

isnt Crash Davis replacing Becka's show?
No idea. You'd have to ask KFAB.

Quote:
i btw would like to see Life With Psychic Suzanna cancelled from KFAB

she like Rebecca Rosen (a self professed psychic from Omaha) are phonies.
They're all phonies.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:27 PM

816 posts, read 1,413,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
- Replacing Rosenblatt with TDA Park (though to Becka's credit, he admits the new stadium is awesome).

- Against the pedestrian bridge.

- Against the police and fire contracts.

- Against the proposed street car lines.
You forgot about the bikelanes in Omaha. He made a whole show about that spewing half truths and all out lies! As soon as someone with real information called in he would put them down and not let them finish because it did not fit his agenda. Typical of almost all his shows. Almost as bad as fox news, almost.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:07 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,461,371 times
Sounds like he must have had as many fans on the left as the right. At least that seems the case from the comments here. Some seem to feel extremely well informed in their opinions. But then opinions are like...well let's just say we all have them.

And if some opinions don't follow a certain agenda....well there's a little intolerance that follows.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
They're all phonies.

u are so right. why KFAB and any omaha radio station tolerates Psychic Suzanna or Rebecca Rosen (self professed psychics from Omaha) is even more troubling

KFAB is enabling fraud by allowing Life With Psychic Suzanna radio show on KFAB

and any radio station that allows Rebecca Rosen to peddle her cold readings is complict in fraud IMO.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:13 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,461,371 times
We certainly can't allow those with a differing view point the freedom of speech. It stirs people up, LOL!!!!!

The hypocrisy of the left.

Especially after the misleading thread title. Fired generally connotates wrong doing which wasn't stated but many here are trying to claim. You do understand that just because YOU believe something doesn't make it fact....right?

But if you just say it enough times and with enough authority in your voice (post) sooner or later...Oh well, some people are just too narrow to understand that there are more than one view point. And acknowledging it could lead to undue confusion.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Especially after the misleading thread title. Fired generally connotates wrong
I believe I addressed this once already. Since you apparently didn't read it, I'll post it again. Pay special attention to the bolded part.

Quote:
Are you seriously going to try calling me out over this? Maybe you don't understand it, but there are essentially two ways you leave a job. You quit, or you get fired. Tom got fired, and I was 100% accurate in relaying that point. The fact that it happened due to budgetary issues is irrelevant. He was still fired. Hell, I did not even mention why it happened in my post. You may have interpreted my post as saying he was fired for performance or something of that sort, but that is your inaccuracy, not mine.
Quote:
doing which wasn't stated but many here are trying to claim.
I'm sorry, but what alternate reality are you living in? Can you please quote the post where someone claims he was fired for cause?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:46 PM

816 posts, read 1,413,197 times
Quote:
We certainly can't allow those with a differing view point the freedom of speech. It stirs people up, LOL!!!!!

Especially after the misleading thread title. Fired generally connotates wrong doing which wasn't stated but many here are trying to claim. You do understand that just because YOU believe something doesn't make it fact....right?

But if you just say it enough times and with enough authority in your voice (post) sooner or later...Oh well, some people are just too narrow to understand that there are more than one view point. And acknowledging it could lead to undue confusion.
You can be fired either by something you did, or by other events outside your control. It's not necessarily something that indicates wrong doing.

Also I have not seen anyone claim that he was fired due to his actions. Now there are some, like me, that disagree with what he has said and done. but no one, other than YOU, has suggested that was why he was fired.

I have a feeling the person that is having the problem understanding is you.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:

the far-left in Omaha (which includes the media and OPS) dont allow any opinions, but the far-left's to be heard

Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
the far-left in Omaha (which includes the media and OPS) dont allow any opinions, but the far-left's to be heard
Bwhahahahaahaha!

That's hilarious dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or