U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:47 AM

13,929 posts, read 19,149,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
so your saying there is a justified excuse for all the stuff mentioned at

» *UPDATED* #OccupyWallStreet: The Rap Sheet, So Far - Big Government
Not so much a justified excuse as an honest acceptance of the nature of these events. Also, how many times are you going to post that ****ing link? This has to be like the tenth time.

I can play that game too.

10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs And Extensive Photo Coverage From Tax Day Protests (PHOTOS)

http://yglesias.thinkprogress.org/wp...a55b5c6067.jpg

http://action.naacp.org/page/-/TeaParty/jews.jpg

http://action.naacp.org/page/-/TeaParty/hitler.jpg

Quote:
and what about all the Jewish bashing happening at Occupy ??? events.

explain to me how that is justified. this is a far-left anrachist movement who is showing how hateful they are towards Jewish people
First I must ask, how do you a justify a far right movement comparing Obama to Hitler and the very thinly veiled racism directed at him because of his Kenyan ancestry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 AM

816 posts, read 1,419,399 times
Quote:
and what about all the Jewish bashing happening at Occupy ??? events.

explain to me how that is justified. this is a far-left anrachist movement who is showing how hateful they are towards Jewish people

and justifying their excuse to assualt and rob people
I'm sure if you ask around at one of their events you can find some nut going on about anything you want. I guarantee you can finds someone right here in Omaha blaming, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Atheists, Buddhists, the French , or just about any group you want.

Now that's not saying to forgive the actions, but something tells me these videos you're posting are being cherry picked from everything else going on.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
I'm sure if you ask around at one of their events you can find some nut going on about anything you want. I guarantee you can finds someone right here in Omaha blaming, Blacks, Mexicans, Asians, Atheists, Buddhists, the French , or just about any group you want.

Now that's not saying to forgive the actions, but something tells me these videos you're posting are being cherry picked from everything else going on.
You know what's ironic? A guy like Billie who is a "proud" graduate of Omaha North and has openly stated his dismay over the perceptions of North Omaha (an opinion I share), you would think might be more apt to not make overly broad generalizations about entire groups based on the actions of a few.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 AM

605 posts, read 1,060,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You know what's ironic? A guy like Billie who is a "proud" graduate of Omaha North and has openly stated his dismay over the perceptions of North Omaha (an opinion I share), you would think might be more apt to not make overly broad generalizations about entire groups based on the actions of a few.
The nonsense in this thread is just as hateful and bigoted as the nonsense in all the gay threads I started, with even the same haters. Do I need to started a "Mere mention of the word Occupy thread?" LOL

I'm a proud member of Occupy Omaha, I have been to all the marches, some of the meetings and even slept over a couple nights. I even helped them move stuff out when they were unlawfully kicked off 24th and Farnam. If you don't know what the Occupy movement is about read and comprehend an article about it. Better yet, get off your butts and actually visit an Occupation site. We have people out there still, during the day at least. There is absolutely no excuse for the ignorance from the typical haters in this thread. And if your a member of the LGBT Community, we need you too!!! Just realize that *****s are in the 99%!!! (That's my sign!)

Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM

816 posts, read 1,419,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
The nonsense in this thread is just as hateful and bigoted as the nonsense in all the gay threads I started, with even the same haters. Do I need to started a "Mere mention of the word Occupy thread?" LOL

I'm a proud member of Occupy Omaha, I have been to all the marches, some of the meetings and even slept over a couple nights. I even helped them move stuff out when they were unlawfully kicked off 24th and Farnam. If you don't know what the Occupy movement is about read and comprehend an article about it. Better yet, get off your butts and actually visit an Occupation site. We have people out there still, during the day at least. There is absolutely no excuse for the ignorance from the typical haters in this thread. And if your a member of the LGBT Community, we need you too!!! Just realize that *****s are in the 99%!!! (That's my sign!)
I went by 2 occupy sites and was called names at both. While I don't blame every member of your group, I will no longer support your movement because of it. Every time I bring it up your members say it's not true and I must be lying. So some of us have "gotten off our butts and actually visited an Occupation site". If you want the public to support your movement perhaps you need to make sure your members know what is acceptable at your camps. I know of several others that have had the same problem.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:35 AM

3,096 posts, read 6,474,346 times
Quote:
First I must ask, how do you a justify a far right movement comparing Obama to Hitler and the very thinly veiled racism directed at him because of his Kenyan ancestry?

the same way many the far left justified comparing Dubya to Hitler between 2000 and 2008.

both were wrong and anyone who makes the comparing a US president to Hitler is wrong.

I could understand if Kim Jong Il or the guy In Iran or some other dictator who has killed many of their own country's people

being compared to Hitler, but one who makes the comparing a US president to Hitler is wrong.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Not so much a justified excuse as an honest acceptance of the nature of these events. Also, how many times are you going to post that ****ing link? This has to be like the tenth time.

I was just posting it to give a fair and balanced view of the OWS movement

the media refuses to report on these crimes that OWS has caused and the OWS movement needs to reign in the renegades in their movement

yes, I believe there are many in OWS who mean well and arent like those mentioned,

but too many incidents are going on and the OWS movement needs to kick out the troublemakers and perverts and creeps in the ranks.

the only way the OWS will be taken seriously is if they reign in their extreme far-left anarchist elements

Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM

696 posts, read 1,499,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
If you don't know what the Occupy movement is about read and comprehend an article about it.
Can you provide a link to valid info.

There is so much "info" on the web that I can't find anything without someone's personal slant on it.

I would like to know more.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
the same way many the far left justified comparing Dubya to Hitler between 2000 and 2008.

both were wrong and anyone who makes the comparing a US president to Hitler is wrong.

I could understand if Kim Jong Il or the guy In Iran or some other dictator who has killed many of their own country's people

being compared to Hitler, but one who makes the comparing a US president to Hitler is wrong.
So you agree that the actions of these people are the fringe are wrong, so why are you trying to act like these actions are representative of the entire group?

Quote:
I was just posting it to give a fair and balanced view of the OWS movement
You accomplished that the first several times you posted it.

Quote:
the media refuses to report on these crimes that OWS has caused and the OWS movement needs to reign in the renegades in their movement
Oh really? Look at the first ten entries on your link. Among the sources are the New York Times, New York Post, Daily Mail (more than once), and a couple local news affiliates.

Don't you (and I'd like to ask the same question to Mike Flynn) think it's pretty disingenuous to allege that the mainstream media is involved in some kind of cover up when about 70% of the sources cited are...the mainstream media?

Quote:
yes, I believe there are many in OWS who mean well and arent like those mentioned,

but too many incidents are going on and the OWS movement needs to kick out the troublemakers and perverts and creeps in the ranks.

the only way the OWS will be taken seriously is if they reign in their extreme far-left anarchist elements
Fair point.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Token Conservative at Left Leaning OWH

Jeff Koterba cartoon on Occupy ??? movements (11-15-2011 cartoon)

Opinion - Omaha.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or