U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-10-2011, 04:13 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,181,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Lansky's has been there for almost 20 years now and has two other locations in the metro as well. I think it's safe to say they have proven their staying power.

bosco is right.

plus they have a BK and a comic book store near there too.

and advanced auto parts is also in that area. so that area is doing okay like bosco said.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Billie. . If we ever get a bus system that I can use. . I'll be looking to you for guidance on how to use it. With this talk about Omaha trying to be mini-Chicago, maybe the next step should be an elaborate public transport system.

thanks. I hope a elaborate public transport system comes to Omaha down the line.

look at KC's bus service system in the video below:

Omaha's public transport system could learn a few pointers from KC's. I am jusy saying

coughs, ideas regarding bus stops in video could be done at mid-town transit center or the new one proposed for crossroads or the new one proposed for downtown

Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 AM

92 posts, read 99,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Walmart says Papillion site out - Omaha.com

Walmart says Papillion site out

quote:

But Walmart officials told The World-Herald this week that they have decided not to pursue the Papillion site near 84th Street and Nebraska Highway 370. Area business owners have criticized the proposed market site as the anchor of a new commercial development, Midlands Place.

"We believe this project will not fit our Every Day Low Price business model," said Ryan Irsik, a spokesman for Walmart.

Yet, not too far away, Walmart has a La Vista site at 96th Street and Giles Road on its radar, Irsik also confirmed this week.
Good lord. There is already a freaking Enormo-Mart at 72nd and Giles. Why the hell does anyone need one at 96th & Giles? Maybe after that, they can put one on both sides of Werner Park, that way, no matter which way you are driving after leaving a game, you can't miss their low, low, low, low, low quality....i mean prices.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM

306 posts, read 272,979 times
Wow....i'm surprised that there isnt one complaint about another wal mart in town. IMHO , 6 is more than most similiar sized cities.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,016,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
Wow....i'm surprised that there isnt one complaint about another wal mart in town. IMHO , 6 is more than most similiar sized cities.
Well they aren't full fledged Wal-Mart Super Centers. These are strictly grocery stores, I think that is why there are so many going in.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM

92 posts, read 99,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
You should read the post above you.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:35 PM

1,048 posts, read 1,384,542 times
If I missed this, I apologize. Someone at work said 132nd and Maple in the old Borders is supposed to be one of these stores. I might use this one..

Old 12-20-2011, 11:54 PM

142 posts, read 164,294 times
They need to close the Wal-Mart in Irvington.

Stabbing central.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
If I missed this, I apologize. Someone at work said 132nd and Maple in the old Borders is supposed to be one of these stores. I might use this one..
i have heard that too.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 PM

608 posts, read 655,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agskinner View Post
They need to close the Wal-Mart in Irvington.

Stabbing central.
It serves almost entire North Omaha. They need a Walmart to shop at, too. I wish for them that Carter Lake gets a Walmart Market, so maybe they won't have to travel so far out of their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha