U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:07 PM

142 posts, read 250,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
It serves almost entire North Omaha. They need a Walmart to shop at, too. I wish for them that Carter Lake gets a Walmart Market, so maybe they won't have to travel so far out of their way.
That Wal-Mart was always dirty, the people working there were terrible, and the other shoppers didn't help.

It's nothing against North Omaha, but the place is a crime haven. I lived literally next door to it for a year, and always heard about people getting robbed or stabbed there.

There are plenty of stores in the North Omaha area. Wal-Mart doesn't make or break the area. Wal-Mart's prices are not that much lower than others. It's just what everyone assumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:31 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
part of the reason North Omaha is a crime area is lack of jobs

and city councilmen (coughs Ben gray and pete festersen) and so called North Omaha leaders and activists

who only want bars to be in north omaha

No more bars in North Omaha.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
It serves almost entire North Omaha. They need a Walmart to shop at, too. I wish for them that Carter Lake gets a Walmart Market, so maybe they won't have to travel so far out of their way.
north omaha has no frills and aldi's on 30th street, plus multiple dollar stores.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM

142 posts, read 250,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
north omaha has no frills and aldi's on 30th street, plus multiple dollar stores.

Exactly.

Wal-Mart is not the only grocery store for a person on a tight budget.

And, not every North O resident is on a tight budget.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 AM

on a unrelated note

Man arrested at Gretna Walmart

GRETNA, Neb. (AP) Authorities say a Nebraska man's attempt to steal a DVR player from a Walmart was foiled by more than a dozen officers standing just feet away for a holiday charity event.

Sarpy County sheriff's investigators say between 15 to 20 deputies were at the store in Gretna on Wednesday night helping less fortunate children pick out gifts.

more... Man arrested at Gretna Walmart - Omaha.com

btw:

with it being christmas and this walmart thief is a moron,

here is this song dedicated to him and other dumb criminals at christmas time

Old 12-24-2011, 12:41 PM

to get bit off topic and my attempt to be funny ,

would anyone want this guy as a greeter (see video below)

(btw: it's nice to see in the video that Jeff Dunham is working with Mayor Suttle (kidding Mayor Suttle)

Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,137,915 times
I use the Irvington Walmart all the time. There have been some violence issues there in the past, but nothing much lately. There are definitely some characters that go there, but I've never felt endangered in any way. The people aren't any more strange than the ones that frequent the 72nd, Bellevue, and Council Bluffs stores.

Not to mention if someone pulled a knife on me, they better be prepared to get stabbed with it, because I'll pull any blunt object off of a shelf and beat the crap out of them with it. I don't care if it's a bottle of shampoo or a DVD player, they are getting messed up. I'll respect a gun, but a knife, bah. I'm not scared of getting cut, I'll take a few slices to teach a punk a lesson. It's hard to land a good stab when some crazy guy is running at your shouting and carrying a 42" TV.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:03 PM

696 posts, read 1,495,548 times
You want to see strange people check out peopleofwalmart dot com

Last edited by JustMe_T3K; 12-27-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,137,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
You want to see strange people check out peopleofwalmart dot com

Been there. There have been a few people I've seen that would fit well on that website, but I feel wrong somehow snapping pictures of weird people. . haha

Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM

North Omaha neighbors happy to have incoming Walmart - Omaha.com

North Omaha neighbors happy to have incoming Walmart at 50th and ames
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or