Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times

Advertisements

btw:

Rumor is that CVS is going in on the EAST end of Benson, at or near where Louis Market is, and that would eliminate the possibility of 72nd & Maple CVS location

so that maybe future of louis market.

at least they sell food, so it is something better than nothing at old louis market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM

66 posts, read 102,457 times
If 6 blocks is the limit of your travels for food, you will find many larger black holes in Omaha than Benson my friend.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM

624 posts, read 1,309,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomte View Post
If 6 blocks is the limit of your travels for food, you will find many larger black holes in Omaha than Benson my friend.
And that's a problem that should be fixed ASAP! At least east of 72nd.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:12 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomte View Post
6 blocks by foot. Most expects consider something walkable if it's within a 15 minute walk, or about 6 blocks. I myself travel about 1.3 miles to the nearest store by bicycle. What is sad is we had a nice store just 3 blocks away, but the jfk freeway killed it, as with many business along railroad ave. Not to mention MANY homes. All in the name of progress, right....

It's a little something called living in a city. If i wanted to be car dependent then I'd move out to vally or another hole in the wall community. But I want to live a more urban lifestyle, free of cars. That's what city life is all about. Not about having to drive 5 miles to get a loaf of bread or gallon of milk, but being able to just walk a few minutes and get what one needs. Most Americans have forgotten this simple pleasure.

Drive Less. Live More. - Walk Score

Old 06-23-2012, 05:06 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
I think a good deal of their business was from people that needed just a couple items quick. The convenience of being very close offset the often higher price of the item. Like all stores, their leaders had better prices on sale items and that would also draw customers. I now live in a rural area where Hy-Vee is the predominate player. Their prices are plenty high unless you catch some good sales.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM

how bout a fareway grocery in the old louis market

that would be a good suggestion also

Old 06-25-2012, 03:46 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
how bout a fareway grocery in the old louis market

that would be a good suggestion also
A fareway would be nice. Even I would shop there from time to time, being the only on in town is WAY out west. Only problem is I think they would suffer the same problem as no frills or bag n save in that the site is just too small. Mainly because of Omaha's ridiculous mandatory parking space requirements. Only other option would be underground parking.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
A fareway would be nice. Even I would shop there from time to time, being the only on in town is WAY out west. Only problem is I think they would suffer the same problem as no frills or bag n save in that the site is just too small. Mainly because of Omaha's ridiculous mandatory parking space requirements. Only other option would be underground parking.

they could tear down louis bar. benson has 15 bars, it wouldnt hurt people in benson who love to drink beer if louis bar became a parking lot.

a lot of people want it gone cause Louis Bar knowingly allows fireworks to go by their customers off on their property every evening (even as late as 1 am)

Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
they could tear down louis bar. benson has 15 bars, it wouldnt hurt people in benson who love to drink beer if louis bar became a parking lot.

a lot of people want it gone cause Louis Bar knowingly allows fireworks to go by their customers off on their property every evening (even as late as 1 am)
Keep dreaming. The bar is very popular (lots of live music) and I highly doubt it will go anywhere.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:04 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Keep dreaming. The bar is very popular (lots of live music) and I highly doubt it will go anywhere.
Friends of mine played there two weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: