Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,124 times

Advertisements

College World Series 2012!!!

Old Market

One block from Barry O's, JD Tuckers, Stadium Club, Upstream Brewery, Billy Frogg's, Mr. Toads and much more.

Restaurants:

Blue (sushi)
Roja (mexican)
V Mertz
Omaha Prime (steak)
+ more

I have a one bedroom apartment for rent available June 14-26th. Washer and dryer upstairs. Roof top beer garden. New carpet, paint and bathroom tile. $175.00 per day. Walk to TD Ameritrade Park. One week $1,000. Must have $1,000 deposit for week stay.

Serious Inquires only please.

Mark
402 990-3698
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM

148 posts, read 386,434 times
Not sure if you have already but you should post this on Vacation rentals, private rooms, sublets by the night - Accommodations on Airbnb ... You should have success on that site.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM

92 posts, read 187,806 times
Yeah I'm guessing most people here already live in Omaha.

You might have better luck waiting until the field is set, and the posting your ad in the forums for the cities that have schools in the CWS.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM

325 posts, read 963,077 times
You might have luck here in Omaha. Now that ESPN has decided that European soccer is what the American audience is clamoring for, the evening games have been pushed back to 7:00 starts. More than a few well-heeled people might consider a downtown pied-à-terre for the series. (I would if I was well-heeled).

You didn't mention parking. Lack of a parking space will be detrimental.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
It may or may not be depending on the person. The old market is well within walking distance of the stadium (15-20 min). There is also a shuttle that runs from the old market to the stadium, making a car unnecessary and likely unwanted thanks to the traffic.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,346 times
Cars have always been unnecessary and unwanted, but that hasn't stopped people from using them so far.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,302 times
Quote:
You might have luck here in Omaha. Now that ESPN has decided that European soccer is what the American audience is clamoring for, the evening games have been pushed back to 7:00 starts. More than a few well-heeled people might consider a downtown pied-à-terre for the series. (I would if I was well-heeled).

Actually the late games start at 8 not 7. And that is if the 4 game gets done in decent time.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:40 AM

325 posts, read 963,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
It may or may not be depending on the person. The old market is well within walking distance of the stadium (15-20 min). There is also a shuttle that runs from the old market to the stadium, making a car unnecessary and likely unwanted thanks to the traffic.
I'm not talking about driving to the game or around downtown. I'm talking about a local who will want his car with him/her. The odds of finding someone from Bellevue, Dundee, West O to leave their car at home and get dropped off at the downtown apt for 2 weeks is virtually nil.

Also, thanks to iamjacobm for pointing out my mistake about the game times. Yep, the late game starts at 8:00, so we're looking at getting home pretty late. Maybe I should look more closely at this apartment thing. lol

Old 05-04-2012, 03:49 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,678 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about driving to the game or around downtown. I'm talking about a local who will want his car with him/her. The odds of finding someone from Bellevue, Dundee, West O to leave their car at home and get dropped off at the downtown apt for 2 weeks is virtually nil.

Also, thanks to iamjacobm for pointing out my mistake about the game times. Yep, the late game starts at 8:00, so we're looking at getting home pretty late. Maybe I should look more closely at this apartment thing. lol
A local is not likely to rent an apartment even given a parking space. Why spend $175 a day when that person can just drive in for just a few dollars? The person that this would be tempting to is person that just flew in and gets dropped off by cab. The title itself even hints it's not for the car owner as it says WALK to the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: