Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebr View Post
Stothert is east Omaha's worst enemy.
how so?

and btw, there are folks in east omaha who are conservative, just like folks in west omaha who are liberal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I don't know anything about Justin Wayne, but none of the other three you mentioned are even remotely possible.

Stothert - Right wing/teabagger ideologue. Not well liked and won't play well to the moderate and independent types. Has had no real accomplishments during her short stint on the council and most of her work has involved her saying "no" to damn near everything, including some policies with massive successes like Suttle's budget and the police pension deal.

Thompson - Basically the same as Stothert, except not quite as extreme and with much more experience. Of the three, he still has the best shot (although it would still never happen).

Nabity - Seriously dude, are you nuts? Let's talk about what is wrong with Nabity. He has a long history of divisive behavior at his previous church, place of employment and with the Suttle Recall Committee. Was the main piece of that massive **** up that was the recall effort and a major reason it was not successful. Has had many stupid ideas (like the OPD/DCSO switch up that would have cost a bunch of Omaha cops their jobs) that Suttle could hammer him with.

If you want a Republican to take the mayor's office (a longshot in itself) then you need to find a serious candidate.

i am curious what u mean by divisive behavior at his previous church.

that word is thrown around a lot by seeker and leftist churches in omaha and across the country to shut up Odmers
who oppose the seeker driven church movement

or the New Apostolic Reformation peddlers like Cindy Jacobs and Mike Bickle and John Hagee and David Barton and Steve Munsey

(to domionists and also Mike Bickle supporting churches in Omaha I am considered a "leftist" christian cause I dont agree with the NAR agenda or it's peddlers

Old 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM

btw:

Daub is running right now for University of Nebraska Board of Regents

Dan welch (former city councilman for omaha) is another name that has been thrown around as a possible mayoral candidate

Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Here's the link I found. It was a pretty big deal when it happened.

Church dispute upsets evangelical community

Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Because she would likely oppose many of the things our city will need in the next several years to progress, like improved mass transit, streetcars, and further urban development.

to be fair to Jean: Curt Simon of Metro bus has been opposed to improved mass transit also.

metro bus hasnt been improved, it has shrunk in access in last couple years

Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Here's the link I found. It was a pretty big deal when it happened.

Church dispute upsets evangelical community
that aint Nabity 's fault. Beauchamp and the staff at Lifegate Church of Omaha is to blame for Lifegate becoming a joke.

Lifegate is a seeker driven church and seeker driven churches are known to fall apart easily.

u see, the willow creek association churches believe in a creepy almopst fanatical devotion to Bill Hybels and Rick Warren

and a anything goes theology /spirtual anarchy that says our church dont care if we promote false prophets or false teachers and we hate christians who believe in 1 John 4:1 to be literal

dont believe me? ask Christ Community and King of Kings and Lifegate churches leaders who they would consider to be a modern day false teacher or false prophet and why.

u wont get a clear answer or a answer at all cause all 3 will promote anyone who is popular, regardless what they are teaching

http://worldviewweekend.com/worldvie...articleid=8369

Old 06-21-2012, 01:02 PM

Even if you believe that wasn't Nabity's fault (any rational person would agree he at least contributed) that still leaves his actions with the recall and at his previous place of employment.

It's a trend.

Oh, and I mention that defamation lawsuit Steve LeClair brought against him and that Nabity had to settle out of court to prevent the ruling going against him? Not a real good record of ethics there.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I mention that defamation lawsuit Steve LeClair brought against him and that Nabity had to settle out of court to prevent the ruling going against him? Not a real good record of ethics there.
that is a matter of debate. LeClair was and still in some ways is considered to be just as questionable as Nabity

Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
that is a matter of debate. LeClair was and still in some ways is considered to be just as questionable as Nabity
No, it's not up for debate. No matter what you may think of him and what he stands for, LeClair is a respected city employee in good standing, and Dave Nabity publicly accused him of breaking the law without any evidence to support such an assertion. Hence why Dave got sued and had to settle the case.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:54 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
Suttle, if people would look beyond the D in front of his name Omaha is seeing some great times of growth under his watch. Ashford is an intriguing candidate as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha