U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 PM

149 posts, read 424,865 times

Advertisements

well I am still trying to co exist with the rac-cuys as I call them (half raccoon and half cucuy..LOL!).....my motion light came on tonight, and I looked out to see 3 rac-cuys walking single file, right under my window, heading to my front deck...my cat went crazy, so I turned on the front porch light to see one looking back at me..

I am trying to not be afraid! but I shudder at the thought of one night, while going out to the garage fridge for a gallon of milk, we will all meet at the corner of the house..

Old 12-01-2007, 08:07 AM

736 posts, read 1,668,082 times
Well since were on the subject of showing our trophy pictures thought I would share one with you. This little guy eat a few computer cable costing 25.00 to replace.

Glad I got him before he turned into a rat.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:26 PM

149 posts, read 424,865 times
AAAAAAAAAAA!! gross!!!...yep them rodents will eat stuff up......we had a ground squirrel get under the hood, and when I drove off, he got caught in the serpentine belt....it derailed the serpintine and broke the alternator belt...plus left a gruesome mess for my husband to deal with, along with having to be towed home....if I knew how to post pics, I would post his remains...

Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,440 times
Default How about this?

Okay, maybe someone can help me out then. I have a mouse like creature that I haven't seen, but I hear it scratching on the walls from time to time (seems like all day today). I've set traps after traps, with peanut butter, I even went through the trouble to get some weird mouse gel. It clears the traps but never sets it off. I don't think the mouse holes are quite large enough to be a rat, but do you all think a mouse could possibly be this smart? I've been hunting it for a couple months, first there were 2, then they disappeared. Now I have this pain in the rear.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 AM

475 posts, read 2,041,234 times
Call an exterminator... they do wonders.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,403 times
Default Chiggers

You can get rid of chiggers with these. Just put on your lawn.
I. Chigger management products labeled for outdoor area treatment.
1. Ortho Lawn Insect Killer Granules
2. Bayer Advanced Lawn & Garden Multi-Insect Killer Bayer Power Force Ant Killer Ready-to-Use Granules
3. Bayer Power Force Multi-Insect Killer Ready-to-Spread Granules
* Read label carefully to insure pest, site and commodity are listed prior to applying product. Some product labels are very restrictive.
As for the police, gangs and illegals. You are correct. Why do you think our taxes are so high in Nebraska? Because of the welfare given to the illegals!

Last edited by Denise in Omaha; 05-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: table didn't turn out correctly

Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,095,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
I'm a 20 year veteran of the airline industry and have been fortunate enough to live all over the US. Next summer I'll put my house up for sale...and never,ever return! Here's a short list of the things I hate about this town:

1) I live in a quiet neighborhood 4 miles from downtown and can't begin to tell you how many times I've had to call the police. Response time to answer the phone at 911 was around 10 rings, and patrol response time was 40 minutes. We have a mix of old and young in our neighborhood and it was clear I had to organize a 'neighborhood watch group' to defend ourselves.

2) Property taxes on my 136K home are more than a home selling in Aspen Colorado for 1,250,000!

3) The main public high school is plagued with gangs.

4) Omaha embraces immigrants here illegally and is a 'sanctuary city' thanks mostly to the meat packing industry.

5) My yard has snakes, really big spiders, something called '*******' (they make your legs itch for weeks) and plenty of ticks for everyone.
Here's the best part....there's lots of RATS in the streets!!! I swear I couldn't make this up. I even had one living in the walls of my house for nearly two years. I finally caught him using a clever homemade water-trap (he out-smarted all the store bought ones). He was two feet long from tail to nose....and we called him Rattatouie!

There are some good things about this midwest town, but in the 4 years I've been here it's been going down hill fast. No disrespect to the proud folks who live here, but I think they are going to be in for a rough ride supporting the massive influx of illegals with the ever increasing taxes.

cya...if you hate this place that much we don't want you.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 AM

273 posts, read 189,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
cya...if you hate this place that much we don't want you.

These are just some things I observed from living here 4 years after having lived all over the US. You are happy here, and so are tons of other people...I have a different perspective based on experience.

This town and state is being sold by conservatives and given away by the liberals. I'm very careful about what I say to 'proud Huskers' here in Omaha, but when they realize they've been played, it'll be too late. And frankly, I think it's already too late already.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM

226 posts, read 918,434 times
Its funny how a lot of people assume that everything is everywhere... People here in Reno think that bad drivers and high traffic is everywhere (in Omaha its not, you know you guys do drive good and the only time there is a rush hour is during CWS or other events).

And out here we don't have chiggers or large bugs; I think humidity has alot to do with the bugs, our average humidity is like 15 - 20 % It just stays high and dry out here in the desert and because of that we don't get very many bugs.

I had a horrible moth problem in Omaha, certain lights at night seems to attract them (big time)... But I've seen only like 3 small moths in my whole 7 months here in Reno!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,819,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
These are just some things I observed from living here 4 years after having lived all over the US. You are happy here, and so are tons of other people...I have a different perspective based on experience.

This town and state is being sold by conservatives and given away by the liberals. I'm very careful about what I say to 'proud Huskers' here in Omaha, but when they realize they've been played, it'll be too late. And frankly, I think it's already too late already.

pablo, I completely can understand your situation and I thank you for putting it in a friendly format, its too bad that you didn't get to meet some of the really good people here, but your experience is completely explainable as to why you are leaving, that I respect you for and your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or