U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-27-2009, 03:19 PM

45,999 posts, read 34,764,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
***idiot troll alert***
wanted to give you kudos but have to spread it around I am told. Think you are on to something, let's see when she/he, I think a she comes back..

Nita

Unread 01-27-2009, 03:27 PM

516 posts, read 842,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Well, Am I uneducated? I'm a highschool student who can place every single European country on a map, along with their capitals, I can tell you the process of volcanic eruptions and Earthquakes, I can list the planet (including the dwarfs) I'm becoming better and better at Spanish by the day and want to learn German, Mandarin (Chinese) and Norwegian(my heritage.) I've been to most midwestern states along with Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Colorado and Kentucky. I've also been to Spain, Norway and Mexico. As for Culture, we have one of the best zoos in the country, 2 great universities, one of the best convention centers in the country, multiple history and art museums including one for children, and the Holland Performing Arts center.

And here's what I think of you,
Good riddance
GoNe you know more than I do and I'm a high school history/geography teacher! You rock!

Unread 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM

2,217 posts, read 291,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wanted to give you kudos but have to spread it around I am told. Think you are on to something, let's see when she/he, I think a she comes back..

Nita
The kid is a troll. And it's obvious that he knows very little, if anything, about Omaha.

But even if he wasn't, what's the point? If he hates Omaha so much, leave. Life is too short to waste your time living in a place you hate, working at a job you hate, and eating at restaurants you hate.

Unread 01-27-2009, 03:40 PM

2,716 posts, read 4,272,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
GoNe you know more than I do and I'm a high school history/geography teacher! You rock!
Lol, don't worry. He's got that "fresh knowledge". For many of us, definitely me, it doesn't seem to stick with me. Unfortunately, my knowledge is now limited to the industry I work in and some basic world politics and economics.

(I think he's 14, but I'm pretty sure when I was that age I was talking boobs, boobs, and girls with boobs. He's pretty mature for 14 I would say)

Unread 01-28-2009, 10:25 AM

24 posts, read 46,328 times
Man, quite a bit of crap going on here. The entire metro area has about 750,000 people so its pretty close to 1M. Omaha is just like other cities.... it has good areas - not so good areas - bad areas. I have lived all over the counrty and Omaha is by far the one of the best. I choose to live in Papillion but consider myself part of Omaha. 2008 Forbes list of the top 100 cities to live in America was Papillion at ..... yes, #3 !!!!! Part of the reason its #3 is what Omaha has to offer. Oh ya, 911 is for emergency only.... not loud neighbors...

Unread 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM

3,286 posts, read 5,735,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Lol, don't worry. He's got that "fresh knowledge". For many of us, definitely me, it doesn't seem to stick with me. Unfortunately, my knowledge is now limited to the industry I work in and some basic world politics and economics.

(I think he's 14, but I'm pretty sure when I was that age I was talking boobs, boobs, and girls with boobs. He's pretty mature for 14 I would say)
Haha yeah but a little off on the age there, I'm 16.

Unread 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 5,889 times
Go somewhere else then, but every town has it's ups and downs. I would guess a lot of your issues would be resolved just by moving to a different neighborhood. It's too bad you don't like it here . . . we have some of the nicest people you will find anywhere in the country. Hope you find a place you can be happy, but I'm guessing you won't because you sound like one of those "glass half empty" people.

Unread 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM

698 posts, read 729,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddconne View Post
Go somewhere else then, but every town has it's ups and downs. I would guess a lot of your issues would be resolved just by moving to a different neighborhood. It's too bad you don't like it here . . . we have some of the nicest people you will find anywhere in the country. Hope you find a place you can be happy, but I'm guessing you won't because you sound like one of those "glass half empty" people.
I've found that most of the people who hate where they live, basically hate everything. They're probably the same people who complain about how everybody else is unfriendly and closed-minded.

In virtually every aspect of life, we tend to find what we're looking for.

Unread 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM

537 posts, read 1,320,254 times
True that... I've met people from NYC or LA that hate it.

Unread 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM

516 posts, read 842,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys View Post
True that... I've met people from NYC or LA that hate it.
I hated living in LA...LOL! But I loved the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha