U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 PM

80 posts, read 161,429 times

Advertisements

I'm in California and we have the worst tasting water. There truly is a good reason for high bottled water consumption in CA. Can anyone who came to NE from CA please comment if the NE tap water is like bottled water or like the icky water we have in CA? ...(Please exclude any comments about costs or contaminants, this is solely about flavors
Thank you.

(Nebraska, Omaha)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 PM

66 posts, read 85,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonandBranka View Post
I'm in California and we have the worst tasting water. There truly is a good reason for high bottled water consumption in CA. Can anyone who came to NE from CA please comment if the NE tap water is like bottled water or like the icky water we have in CA? ...(Please exclude any comments about costs or contaminants, this is solely about flavors
Thank you.

(Nebraska, Omaha)
I'd say it really depends where in Omaha because the age and infrastructure of the lines in your area makes a lot of difference. When I lived in Omaha I preferred it to the mainstream bottled water. I can't stand aquafina or dasani.

Now in Papillion, some tool decided that we should be independent and have our own water processing separate from MUD, and it sucks for taste. I instantly had to put in a RO Filter, which has no taste, but if its really cold it doesn't bother me.

Fremont (NE), somehow got a best drinking water in the nation award from 'The American Water Works Association"

I personally love Fiji, which is hella expensive, but I can drink that at room temp.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 AM

Default Thanks Vicomte!

Thanks for your reply, that's the kinda info i was looking for.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM

9 posts, read 9,817 times
My fiance who moved here from NYC says the water here in Omaha is terrible.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM

Thank you, i appreciate your input.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM

920 posts, read 1,729,790 times
I'm from California, and I lived in Omaha for three years. We lived in an older house, and the water tasted perfectly fine to me-I liked the fact that it got really cold, because in CA I would have to let it run for five minutes just to get it relatively cool, lol.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM

Were you able to drink the CA water without much problem if it was just cold?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:54 AM

920 posts, read 1,729,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonandBranka View Post
Were you able to drink the CA water without much problem if it was just cold?
I never really had a problem with it, but that could be because I had been drinking it my whole life. One thing I did notice every once in a while, the water would seem to have a weird effervescence to it that felt strange going down, but it didn't taste any different. At one point when we lived in Northern Michigan, I had well water a few times- it wasn't clear, tasted yucky, now that was gross, lol.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 PM

Thanks for your reply. OMGoodness, well water, that's well, hmmm, good for you with all that iron in it huh

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM

124 posts, read 269,790 times
I grew up in northern coastal California (humboldt county) and my mom started using one of those Britas many many years ago because of the water quality. I've lived in Omaha for seven years and lived in a LOT of different houses/apts and never had one where the water tasted bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or