Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times

Advertisements

IOWA/NEBRASKA/WYOMING:
Six TV stations in Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming are getting new operators in deals announced Monday.

Sinclair Broadcasting is buying FOX 42 (KPTM Omaha) and FOX 44 (KPTH Sioux City) from Titan Television Broadcast Group

and also assuming the rights to operate CW 15 (KXVO Omaha) and CBS 14 (KMEG Sioux City) as part of a $115.35 million deal that also includes two stations in Fresno, CA.

The Omaha and Sioux City groups both include subchannels carrying Azteca America and My Network TV/This TV. (6/3/2013)

Upper Midwest Broadcasting

Sinclair Broadcasting btw ownes other tv stations across the country such as

KDSM-TV 17 in Des Moines and WUCW channel 23 up in the Twin Cities

and WMSN 47 in Madison, Wisconsin

oddly enough, many sinclair stations air ZUUS Country (formerly the Country Network) as a sub-channel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Country_Network

so I wouldnt be surprised if Estrella TV gets replaced on 42.3

nothing against Estrella TV, but it isnt as good a spanish channel as Telemundo or Univision.

maybe we could get btw

Bounce TV http://www.bouncetv.com/ Antenna TV http://www.antennatv.tv/ on 42.3

considering the new owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM

181 posts, read 358,154 times
KPTM lost its local feel when their news went away and became part of some broadcast out of Davenport IA.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
KPTM lost its local feel when their news went away and became part of some broadcast out of Davenport IA.
I know. hopefully the new owners can bring it back to omaha

that and Futurama airing on saturday nights at 9 pm (when the news should) seems a bit odd too.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 AM

btw:

KAZO-LD (aka the never used channel 18.1) should be sold to Lukken Communications. Luken Communications - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (just a suggestion).

That and Omaha would have 1 more broadcast station (and multiple sub-channels in Omaha)

my pick for KAZO 18.1 would be Tuff TV TUFF TV and 18.2 could be Bounce Tv Shows - Bounce TV

Old 06-05-2013, 12:23 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
As crappy as the KPTM news was, there was something endearing about it's amateurish charm.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:59 PM

I agree bosco.

plus KPTM 's newscast still was better than the train wreck that KXVO had for a while

with that Geiler guy and the former MTV DJ Ryan McFadden

Old 06-05-2013, 07:26 PM

181 posts, read 358,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
As crappy as the KPTM news was, there was something endearing about it's amateurish charm.

True. Between that and the ongoing technological glitches at WOWT, you have 2 choices for nightly news entertainment.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 PM

216 posts, read 951,661 times
I like Estrella TV on channel 42.3 I hope they don't change it Billie.
If I knew Spanish I'd watch it, and sometimes I do just for laughs. Some of the shows look funny, almost close to the Gong Show. Most all programs on there have large chested women - (for some reason)
I lived in Omaha when KPTM first came there, and the big deal was to get the round antennae to attach to your TV if you could find one.
When I spend months here in NE I live in the country, and use a digital converter box/rabbit ears. Even with those I get 18 channels on analog TV's , being 75 miles from Omaha I get the main channels at times better then Lincoln ones.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
True. Between that and the ongoing technological glitches at WOWT, you have 2 choices for nightly news entertainment.

wowt spends most of it's money sucking up to cox cable or putting a weather channel no one watches.

p.s. I miss "Ted Brockman" 's blog. He or she reported a lot of wowt 's blunders.

p.s. they should make 6.2 weather channel like KETV weather now (former 7.2) was (i.e. some shows a a movie in prime time)

Estrella TV does air Secretos which is like a Spanish Language version of Cheaters. why Cheaters has never aired in Omaha is another mystery

Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 AM

btw:

maybe Antenna Tv should buy Omaha 18.1 KAZO-LD and be Omaha 's version of KSNB 4.1 like Lincoln area has
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha