U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,891 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Reputation: 9094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Festersen 's over-saturation of bars

but stone walling any Grocery Stores or Dollar Stores or CVS stores going into Benson area


why is the CVS not been built at 72nd and Maple

and why is Louis Market still empty in Benson area? (cause Festersen believes it is okay to have 15-20 bars in Benson,

but a grocery store like Fareway would be "over-saturating" the area with 1 grocery store in downtown benson


at least they got WALGREENS.



and a good chunk of the anger towards Festering Festerson (as some call him cause of his behavior) is on the Democrat side, who feels he has become nothing more than a frat boy and a ego-maniac on the city council.



I know people who are hard-core democrats (I am a Independent btw) who feel Festersen has failed at job growth and has only been interested in approving liquor licenses.
- Much as I subjected, the complaints are the same ones you have repeated on this forum numerous times, leading me to believe you're mistaking your own complaints (and possibly those of your close friends) for widespread anger.

- How has Festersen stonewalled anything? As a City Councilman, he has no power to do that really, save for his individual vote on licensing and permit approvals.

- I have no idea why the CVS has not been built. Why do you think it hasn't been built, and more specifically, how do you think this involves Festersen?

- I imagine the Louis Supermarket is still empty because we are still coming out of an economic recession and many businesses like Louis have closed up and there has not been enough demand or ability to replace them yet. I assure you, however, this is not a phenomenon limited to Benson, Omaha, or the state of Nebraska as a whole. Besides, Louis has only been closed about a year IIRC. And what do bars have to do with a vacant supermarket building? Do you think another bar should go there?

- Do you have a quote from Festersen where he said a Fareway or the like would be over saturating?

- Liquor licenses are handled by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission and then sent to the City Council for approval. Festersen's only involvement is his individual vote.

Quote:
Suttle only survived the recall cause he had the Leftist Omaha World Herald schilling for him and trashing his critics.
- His critics did their own trashing. Even the right leaning Leavenworth St. Blog did a story on their failures.

- I also doubt the OWH has that much influence over elections.

I'll respond to the rest later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,891 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Reputation: 9094
Suttle is CRUSHING his opponents when it comes to fundraising.

Suttle cruising in mayoral campaign fundraising - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Omaha Nebraska and dreamland when I am sleeping
3,096 posts, read 6,459,831 times
Reputation: 524
lot of people have heard Festersen say a new grocery store in Benson tant amounts to over-saturation

I dont think another bar should go there. there is already enough of those and barber shops and tattoo parlors in Benson

and yet little to no retail.




Even If I had audio or written proof of Pete's statement,

u would say, I am "taking the statement out of context" (which is a line a lot of folks on both sides use to shield themselves from criticism)




Suttle 's critics did their own trashing. (HOW SO?)


In the case of the Gay Ordinance that the so called Nebraska Heritage Coalition (which was made of Dominionist and Seeker-driven churches like the ones mentioned at

AKSARBENT: Death-to-gays preacher added to supporter roster of Heritage Coalition 'Proclamation' opposing Omaha LGBT ordinance


and


(aka Lifegate Church of Omaha and soon to also be Lifegate Church of Novi Sad Serbia as well)


who believe more in Bill Hybels and Rick Warren and Bill Johnson of Bethel Church in Redding California



and Mike Bickle of the IHOP cult in Kansas City






than they do in JESUS


did their own trashing and this will shock people: this Conservative Christian believes got what they deserved.



You cant promote False Teachers and False Prophets and then pretend to be a conservative activist

(like the folks at King of Kings and Westside and Christ Community Church and a few other churches involved in that ordinance repeal tried to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,891 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Reputation: 9094
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
lot of people have heard Festersen say a new grocery store in Benson tant amounts to over-saturation

I dont think another bar should go there. there is already enough of those and barber shops and tattoo parlors in Benson

and yet little to no retail.
So you've never actually heard him say it?

Quote:
Even If I had audio or written proof of Pete's statement,

u would say, I am "taking the statement out of context" (which is a line a lot of folks on both sides use to shield themselves from criticism)
That depend on if you were taking it on of context or not.

Quote:
Suttle 's critics did their own trashing. (HOW SO?)
Did you read the link I posted? That conservative site articulates the the recall group's failures quite well.

Quote:
In the case of the Gay Ordinance that the so called Nebraska Heritage Coalition (which was made of Dominionist and Seeker-driven churches like the ones mentioned at

AKSARBENT: Death-to-gays preacher added to supporter roster of Heritage Coalition 'Proclamation' opposing Omaha LGBT ordinance


and


(aka Lifegate Church of Omaha and soon to also be Lifegate Church of Novi Sad Serbia as well)


who believe more in Bill Hybels and Rick Warren and Bill Johnson of Bethel Church in Redding California



and Mike Bickle of the IHOP cult in Kansas City






than they do in JESUS


did their own trashing and this will shock people: this Conservative Christian believes got what they deserved.



You cant promote False Teachers and False Prophets and then pretend to be a conservative activist

(like the folks at King of Kings and Westside and Christ Community Church and a few other churches involved in that ordinance repeal tried to
I have no idea what any of this has to do with the City Council and Mayoral election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Omaha Nebraska and dreamland when I am sleeping
3,096 posts, read 6,459,831 times
Reputation: 524
meanwhile, the omaha world herald has no problem

with Omaha Benson High 's alumni president aka Stu Pospisil

reporting on High School Sports for them.



the OWH complaining about conflicts of interest with others

is laughable when a few of their own "journalists" and "reporters" have conflicts of interest jobs on the side.



OPS principal running for school board may be ineligible - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2013, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,891 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Reputation: 9094
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
meanwhile, the omaha world herald has no problem

with Omaha Benson High 's alumni president aka Stu Pospisil

reporting on High School Sports for them.



the OWH complaining about conflicts of interest with others

is laughable when a few of their own "journalists" and "reporters" have conflicts of interest jobs on the side.



OPS principal running for school board may be ineligible - Omaha.com
Dude...are you flipping serious? You're complaining about a conflict of interest...in covering high school sports?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Omaha Nebraska and dreamland when I am sleeping
3,096 posts, read 6,459,831 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Dude...are you flipping serious? You're complaining about a conflict of interest...in covering high school sports?!?
yeah.

I mean the omaha world herald complains about conflicts of interest all the time, why not complain about some of their reporters for once having conflicts of interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,891 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Reputation: 9094
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
yeah.

I mean the omaha world herald complains about conflicts of interest all the time, why not complain about some of their reporters for once having conflicts of interest.
Probably because it's high school sports and no one really gives a ****?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
 
147 posts, read 214,668 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
yeah.

I mean the omaha world herald complains about conflicts of interest all the time, why not complain about some of their reporters for once having conflicts of interest.
The omaha world herald is owned by Warren Buffett, the king of double standards and flat-out lies. Waht do you expect from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 AM
 
181 posts, read 282,468 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Sullivan View Post
The omaha world herald is owned by Warren Buffett, the king of double standards and flat-out lies. Waht do you expect from them?

Pretty much the same diatribe that you babble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top