U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,459,831 times

Advertisements

I dont support the FRC and AFA. they are just as bad as any pressure group or lobby group on the far-left

and I think both sides need to reign in the lunatics in the lobbying groups or pressure groups on their own sides.

both the AFA and FRC believe in the unbiblical dominionist teachings aka the 7 Mountains Mandate.

that is a belief that KC area 's IHOP 's Mike Bickle

and Bethel Church of Redding California leader Bill Johnson

and "Prophets" Lance Wallnau and Rick Joyner and Patricia King and Cindy Jacobs all promote.

(in fact/this is sad: some Omaha churches believe in the extreme "christian" views that Jacobs and Bickle promote)

that and Bryan Fischer and Tony Perkins and others at AFA and FRC have said some hateful things that even many conservative christians like me have denounced.

example:

and RightWingWatch - YouTube

now, even I who am conservative know Bryan Fischer of the AFA is a liar. I know some liberals who do care about the less fortunate.

It has gone from conservative and christian group at AFA and FRC to spewing racist, shock value statements for attention.

I and others actually have called for christians to denounce the AFA and FRC 's rhetoric.

(as a result of my opinions on both "christian" groups , I am called a "leftist" for calling out the AFA and FRC despite I dont agree with Obama politically)

I btw dont agree with the tv preachers like Pat Robertson

or Rod Parsley The Museum of Idolatry: Rod Parsley Zip Line Entrance Into "Church"

who spew the unbiblical prosperity gospel among other weird stuff.

According to the AFA and FRC and some on the left even, I am "scary" for using Discernment and speaking my mind on Pat Robertson and others like him.

how is Deb Fischer is a moron? Cause she's a woman who is a Conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 01:19 PM

13,897 posts, read 19,073,459 times
Glad you don't support the FRC and the like. We can agree on that. As far as all your videos and religious talk...you might as well be speaking Spanish to me. I don't understand any of it...or even see what it has to do with Omaha politics.

Fischer is a moron because she's a moron. Being a woman or a conservative has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of highly intelligent conservative women out there, including Carly Fiorina, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe. Fischer is not even in the same galaxy as those three.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM

wish other christians would denounce the AFA and the FRC

Al Riskowski of Nebraska Family Council I am not a fan of either cause of his Dominionist leanings.

Dominion Theology is a grouping of theological systems with the common belief that society should be governed exclusively by the law of God, as codified in the Bible.

The two main streams of Dominion Theology are Christian Reconstructionism and Kingdom Now Theology.

Basically it is taking over the 7 Mountains of Influence in Society in order for YESHUA aka JESUS to come back

a number of churches including Dominion Covenant Church of Omaha promote Dominionism

(and, local websites such as Progressive Oasis and Aksarbent can tell u more on what is wrong or off about DCC 's teachings and comments they have made

some may say, who cares?

well, a number of politicians (mostly republican) such as Sarah Palin

and Louie Gohmert and Michelle Bachmann of the US Congress among others in the US congress

and Texas Governor Rick Perry

and some US senators subscribe to the dominionist views and those views are what influences some of their decisions.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 04-03-2013 at 05:03 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Well if Palin, Bachmann and Perry all subscribe to it, I'd say that's a pretty good clue that it's something crazy and insane. Still, I don't see what that has to do with Omaha politics.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Well if Palin, Bachmann and Perry all subscribe to it, I'd say that's a pretty good clue that it's something crazy and insane. Still, I don't see what that has to do with Omaha politics.

Councilman Franklin Thompson and Al Riskowski of the Nebraska Family Council go to churches and are closely associated with folks who are into the Dominionist movement.

in fact, Lifegate Church (where Thompson is a member at is into IHOP and NAR like teachings)

Al's Storehouse Movement "ministry" in Omaha is a Dominionist promoting group. same with the IHOP front group called the Omaha HUB near 108th and Burt Circle

Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Ahh...I see.

Well, I can find plenty of reasons to dislike Thompson, though I really couldn't care less about his religious beliefs.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:04 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,563,455 times
dubya dubya dubya dot... omaha golden corral sucks dot com

Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM

816 posts, read 1,414,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
dubya dubya dubya dot... omaha golden corral sucks dot com
I wonder what old mort is doing now. I noticed he took down his mort for mayor site. There goes my fun I guess.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,688,269 times
There will always be more Mort... is his "new" Douglas county website up still?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,232,365 times
Everyone should aspire to run for mayor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or