Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,579 times

Advertisements

I have 3 girls, one will have to wait one year for kindergarten since she didn't make the cut off date. I have 5th grader and 9th grader next year. Looking through greatschools.org. I should have my 9th grader at either millard west and north high school and my 5th grader either J Sterling, spring ridge and wheeler elementary school. Is this correct? Can you tell me what are the home prices and rental of this area? How do I find the marked area for my kids go to these school? Could you recommend a site to find rental or to buy in this specific area? Craigslist has a few. I will be visting in the next 2 months. I am from Missouri we already have the 4 season here.

Thanks for your time
Karey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 AM

147 posts, read 259,138 times
I hope you guys make ahelluva lot of money, if you want your kids involved in the Millard Schools.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,069 times
We live in the Pacific Heights area of the Millard School District. We are in Millard North High School and J. Sterling Morton Elementary. Both soome of the top rated schools in the area! We bought our home last year for right around 170K, and it's over 3500 sq. feet. That's a lot of house for the money in my opinion. Housing in our area runs from 140K to the low 200's.

True that housing in that area might be more expensive than the areas that feed OPS, ...but we have the benefit of not having to send our kids to OPS!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,313 times
dont send ur kids to Omaha Central High (unless u want them skipping school a lot)

Central is a trauncy magnet for some reason

Old 03-20-2013, 01:18 PM

When I was in high school, if my school was downtown I'd ditch a lot too. Pretty easy to dissapear down the street and not stick out downtown. You try that at Millard north or West, you'll stick out like a sore thumb!

Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,579 times
What about westside high school or Millard South High School? What is your popular realtor office so I can check out listing? same for rentals?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM

Sue Henson Realty - Omaha, NE

Sue Henson worked with us on the sale of our home and purchase of our new one. I'd recommend her!

Westside is a great School as well, part of the District 66 area of Omaha it to avoids OPS. We found housing in District 66 to be even more expensive per sq. ft. that Millard area, that's why we ended up in Millard. Millard South high seems to be lack luster when compared to North and West, but still far above any school in the OPS system.

for more information on Omaha schools visit this website that is managed by the Omaha World Herald;

http://maps.dataomaha.com/schools

in my opinion this webiste far exceeds the information found on "greatschools.com". It is more in depth and shows the stark disparity in achievement between OPS, District 66, and and Millard. This web-tool almost single handed-ly inspired us to sell our home and move so our girls could start in the right district. I don't know how anyone could read and understand the information presented and still say OPS is a good choice if you can afford to make a different choice.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
When I was in high school, if my school was downtown I'd ditch a lot too. Pretty easy to dissapear down the street and not stick out downtown. You try that at Millard north or West, you'll stick out like a sore thumb!

that and millard west and millard north students arent lazy bums and actually want a education.

stop skipping school and start getting a education is my comment to Central High folks.

btw: Millard West teachers and staff are a bit colorful at times

Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 AM

624 posts, read 1,308,848 times
I went to Westside High, and I've always thought "Thankfully I didn't go to Millard". But that's probably just an immature bias I have, ehh. I always thought Westside-although better than a lot of schools in the area-wasn't as homogenous as the Millard schools are. To me the area has a lot more character than anywhere way out west. I've heard Westside used to be nicknamed "Hollywood High" maybe in the 70's. But the truth is, there are areas in the district that aren't high income. In fact I live in the lowest income area in the district, but it isn't a bad area. Take it as you will, but with everything the Westside district has to offer, I wouldn't send my (future) kids anywhere else. I'm a very proud alumni

Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
dont send ur kids to Omaha Central High (unless u want them skipping school a lot)

Central is a trauncy magnet for some reason
Where is that facepalm meme again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: