Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2020, 07:04 PM

752 posts, read 1,493,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What killer?
well, what are your thoughts on this? I am pretty confident that Jason was met with foul play at least...and that he has been dead since 2001.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 07:00 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
As a rule young people do not just disappear. With the possible exceptions of very wealthy or they are attractive and willing to prostitute their self to get by. Foul play is almost always involved. SHAME probably keeps many of these victims silent.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,635 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Within a month, from the same neighborhood, another 19 year old man samuel sherman, disappeared forever. The neighborhood is sketchy to begin with. I think I mentioned previously a house on sigwart that was used by hard core satanists.

Last edited by saltine; 05-25-2020 at 04:12 PM..

Old 05-25-2020, 06:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,609 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Every time I see his name come up in some form of media, I hope he's finally been found.

Somehow, this case has really touched my heart and when he first went missing I actually would study faces of people I saw who looked similar to him to decide if it might be him.

I think it was a horrible coincidence - he was waiting to be picked up for his job, and someone came by and opened the car and asked if he wanted a ride. And he misunderstood that person wasn't the one who was sent to pick him up for his shift.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,609 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Within a month, from the same neighborhood, another 19 year old man samuel sherman, disappeared forever. The neighborhood is sketchy to begin with. I think I mentioned previously a house on sigwart that was used by hard core satanists.
I can't find an image of him related to this case - I can find information that he's missing though.

This kind of reminds me of the horror in Houston, near where I lived, in the 1970's where teenage boys kept disappearing from the same neighborhood. It took the murder of their murderer to lead police to believe there was a problem - they kept being labeled "runaways".

Dean Coryll murdered at least 28 boys in a couple years, and it was his murder at the hands of his young accomplices that led police to the remains. And they stopped digging in that boat shed after recovering 28 - even though the teenage accomplices said there were more victims buried there. LE was done with Houston being in the news over this awful tragedy.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:15 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Within a month, from the same neighborhood, another 19 year old man samuel sherman, disappeared forever.
Samuel Sherman was a drifter who had only been in Omaha a month and reportedly didn't stay in one place very long. There is nothing to suggest that he didn't leave on his own accord and there is at least some tidbits out on the internet that hint that OPD looked into it and determined that he had simply moved on.

Quote:
The neighborhood is sketchy to begin with.
I can't speak for the area that Sherman was from, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the area Jolkowski was from. It's a perfectly safe, middle class area.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:09 AM

I am bumping this thread. Yesterday marked 20 years since Jason disappeared.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:57 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin023 View Post
I am bumping this thread. Yesterday marked 20 years since Jason disappeared.
And his disappearance is still puzzling many, not only on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...ut_walking_in/

Old 10-04-2022, 11:06 PM

I am bumping this old thread again, sorry!

Does anyone suspect Jason's family knew more than they let on?

While my firm belief has always been that Jason met with foul play...what if he never actually left the house for a walk to get picked up at the high school by the co-worker?

I am merely throwing this out there...does anyone have anything to say about the family?

Old 11-04-2022, 11:06 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin023 View Post
I am bumping this old thread again, sorry!

Does anyone suspect Jason's family knew more than they let on?

While my firm belief has always been that Jason met with foul play...what if he never actually left the house for a walk to get picked up at the high school by the co-worker?

I am merely throwing this out there...does anyone have anything to say about the family?
Extremely unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha