Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Can't prove a negative, you should know that.
so we cant prove a negative is like,

we cant prove a birth cetificate is real and have to take the media's word for it

or is what John DeCamp said in a book about stuff that may or may not have happened in omaha in the 1980's isnt true cause many dont want to investigate or debunk his claims

nor do people even want to have a open mind about possible bizarre stuff or corruption by city leaders that has and is still going on in omaha area

cause after all, we have to be close minded and skeptical about things the media dont tell us cause after all, we are to trust the local and national media 100 percent, no questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,541,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Tell ya what, I'll be more direct. What problem could you (or anyone else) have with what happened?
the fact the fire dept. is got budget problems, crap like this shouldnt be going on at firehouses

btw, the lawsuit against the city by the dubious Le Clair and Mc Donnell is a joke and those 2 need to grow up and stop acting like babies.

Omaha's fire union sues City of Omaha over budget proposal - Omaha.com

(I better be careful btw cause they may bully me with a lawsuit or threaten me some other way cause I said something negative on them and we all know how well they take criticism)

Old 07-23-2013, 05:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
the fact the fire dept. is got budget problems, crap like this shouldnt be going on at firehouses
WTF does a girl coming in and taking a couple pictures have to do with the ****ing budget?!?

Quote:
btw, the lawsuit against the city by the dubious Le Clair and Mc Donnell is a joke and those 2 need to grow up and stop acting like babies.

Omaha's fire union sues City of Omaha over budget proposal - Omaha.com

(I better be careful btw cause they may bully me with a lawsuit or threaten me some other way cause I said something negative on them and we all know how well they take criticism)
Again I ask, what's your problem here? The union alleges that the city is violating the contract. What do you suggest they do? Going to court is usually how this gets resolved.

(And literally LMAO at you acting like LeClair and McDonnell are in on this together when technically, LeClair is suing McDonnell. Epic fail, Billie.)

Old 07-24-2013, 08:13 AM

306 posts, read 714,062 times
The only picture that might be a problem is the one with her on the front bumper. If she fell off for whatever reason, especially if she was intoxicated, then it could be a liability issue. A policy clarification is likely all that's needed, but we're in the middle of Mayor Stothert and Fire Chief McDonnell fighting like children, so this will likely become even more ridiculous.

Get some popcorn and watch the show.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
BREAKING: Omaha Firefighters Cleared of Any Potential Criminal Behavior - www.kmtv.com

Shocker.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:15 PM

12 posts, read 21,661 times
I can't believe the Police Chief even agreed to have his department investigate this. There was a time not too long ago where the guys I worked under would have told the Mrs. Stothert exactly where she could stick her political games of nonsense. That said, this sure makes me miss the old days when I was a young and single cop. Oh, the stories I could tell!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,191,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I agree. I think it is cause too many people wont do a Straight Pride event cause they are afraid of the gay marriage fanatics who bully people into silence.

If u speak out against gay marriage, you are bullied into silence and even have ur life ruined.

I also agree, I could care less about someone's sexual preferences, but I dont want to hear about it, not should someone's choices or lifestyles be shoved down everyone's throats
If you speak out against their right to gay marriage, are you not equally guilty of shoving it down their throats? I would say even more so as that will seriously affect them, while them having the right will not affect you. Free speech is a two way street.

We cannot say our free speech rights are sacred, but the free speech rights of those we disagree with are a needless attempt to "shove it down our throats". That is my two cents.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:30 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,191,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If you speak out against their right to gay marriage, are you not equally guilty of shoving it down their throats? I would say even more so as that will seriously affect them, while them having the right will not affect you. Free speech is a two way street.

We cannot say our free speech rights are sacred, but the free speech rights of those we disagree with are a needless attempt to "shove it down our throats". That is my two cents.
I did not realize this thread was nearly a year old when I posted a few minutes ago. Anyways, my opinion was the same a year ago. BTW, I hope the dispute between the mayor and the fire chief was resolved.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 PM

84 posts, read 123,067 times
Did Jim Gentile ever confess??

Old 07-05-2014, 04:19 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
I figured we could have a less divisive thread to discuss the new mayor's various actions. I ask that this thread be kept civil and respectful. Argue and attack ideas, not people. Now, starting with this one:

Stothert greeted with cheers in declaring ‘Pride Festival Day’ - Omaha.com

I really did not see this coming. I really think it's great that Mayor Stothert is reaching out to groups of people who she may have a more tense relationship with. It definitely changes my perception of her. Thoughts?
The content in the article is greatly exaggerated. There was considerable drama in the LGBT community about her presence at Pride. Her presence was ONLY an extension of her job. People from the Pride board tried to claim she was supportive of the LGBT community. This was proven wrong as Omaha had a chance to recognize same-sex couples through insurance with the Police Union and Stothert blocked that. The Pride President resigned over the internal uproar, even though she went before the cameras and lied about her critiques on the news about this time.

I personally had no problem with Stothert being there, but the Pride president was spreading false rhetoric that Stothert was supportive of the community. As a result I was rather outspoken about it. Many LGBT people wanted to protest her being there, and the pride President went out of her way in a failed attempt to shut them up. She even went on the news and accused them of being outright destructive. Another falsehood. The pride President also claimed that the Pride Board voted on having her there. That is also false. Stothert being able to speak at Pride 2013 was a dictate of the pride president, it never came to a vote on the pride board, but it SHOULD HAVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: