U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM
 
26 posts, read 31,449 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking for individuals/families interested in putting a Reformed Baptist Church together in Omaha.
This is a denomination that is not currently represented in the area (possible exception is a church in the area which in my view does not meet necessary standards, more on that in private emails), so I trust there are others out there who share my interest.
My goal is to merely find if there are 10 or 20 people interested. With this information I will proceed to consult Sam Waldron, author of "A Reformed Baptist Manifesto" to provide help in taking the proper steps in forming this biblically based church group.
The church could be referred to as Omaha Reformed Baptist Church, ORBC after a church I would look to as a quality template, Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church which I have visited, and is the home church of Dr. James White. I also hope to consult Dr. James White on this matter if his time permits.
Here is a link that gives a good description of the Reformed Baptist perspective, http://www.rbclouisville.com/informa...%20Baptist.pdf.
Thanks, look forward to future dialogue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,905 posts, read 19,076,418 times
Reputation: 9111
I don't do churches, but if anything, Billiefan (one of our posters here) might be able to help you. He is pretty active in that whole thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Omaha Nebraska and dreamland when I am sleeping
3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
Reputation: 524
not familiar with Reformed Baptist Churches


I am a GARBC Baptist and Independent Baptist type myself but also am a fan of Dr. James White (he speaks his mind and don't hold back on things)

I could see a Reformed Baptist church working here.


Be nice alternative to the wishy-washy seeker-driven churches that plague Douglas and Sarpy county. Not all churches in Omaha are wishy-washy and Osteenish, but many sadly are.



I actually think (if memory serves me right, there is a Reformed Baptist church in Papillion called Grace Baptist Church of Papillion.

I think there is also one in millard area (forget it's name but it out by Super Saver area)


so I could see a RBC type church working in Omaha area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,905 posts, read 19,076,418 times
Reputation: 9111
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
not familiar with Reformed Baptist Churches


I am a GARBC Baptist and Independent Baptist type myself but also am a fan of Dr. James White (he speaks his mind and don't hold back on things)

I could see a Reformed Baptist church working here.


Be nice alternative to the wishy-washy seeker-driven churches that plague Douglas and Sarpy county. Not all churches in Omaha are wishy-washy and Osteenish, but many sadly are.



I actually think (if memory serves me right, there is a Reformed Baptist church in Papillion called Grace Baptist Church of Papillion.

I think there is also one in millard area (forget it's name but it out by Super Saver area)


so I could see a RBC type church working in Omaha area.
Not that it matters that much (I don't do church...or religion) but what exactly is a "seeker driven" church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Omaha Nebraska and dreamland when I am sleeping
3,096 posts, read 6,460,433 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Not that it matters that much (I don't do church...or religion) but what exactly is a "seeker driven" church?
seeker-driven church is a church like Ed Young Jr. or Rick Warren or Perry Noble or Willow Creek Association type churches

(where gimmicks and stunts and being "relevant" trump JESUS


lot of mega-church pastors are seeker-driven types in order to keep numbers up and love being "controversial" and "hip" (when a lot of pastors epic-ly fail and look stupid in the process)


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,905 posts, read 19,076,418 times
Reputation: 9111
Ahh. Well, none of that means anything to me really. Just different shades of the same as far as I'm concerned. Then again, with the exception of weddings and funerals I've never once stepped foot in a church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Omaha
2 posts, read 3,151 times
Reputation: 10
Default How do you want to be contacted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsbankomaha View Post
Hello,
I am looking for individuals/families interested in putting a Reformed Baptist Church together in Omaha.
This is a denomination that is not currently represented in the area (possible exception is a church in the area which in my view does not meet necessary standards, more on that in private emails), so I trust there are others out there who share my interest.
My goal is to merely find if there are 10 or 20 people interested. With this information I will proceed to consult Sam Waldron, author of "A Reformed Baptist Manifesto" to provide help in taking the proper steps in forming this biblically based church group.
The church could be referred to as Omaha Reformed Baptist Church, ORBC after a church I would look to as a quality template, Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church which I have visited, and is the home church of Dr. James White. I also hope to consult Dr. James White on this matter if his time permits.
Here is a link that gives a good description of the Reformed Baptist perspective, http://www.rbclouisville.com/informa...%20Baptist.pdf.
Thanks, look forward to future dialogue
I would like to know more about your plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Omaha
2 posts, read 3,151 times
Reputation: 10
Oh, and I am on staff at Overland Hills Church in Papillion (Just north of 90th & 370). While we are members of the Baptist General Conference and not the Reformed Baptist denomination, I think you will see by just looking at our website (www.overlandhills.org) that we are Baptist and we are very reformed based in our teaching and doctrine. The Solas are right there on our main page. I personally would be fine with someone calling me a Calvinist after hearing my beliefs.

Blessings,

rog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM
 
32 posts, read 61,256 times
Reputation: 30
Do you have any updates on these plans? Would be interested to know if you are still considering it, and what part of town you might be considering as a location. If you'd rather PM the information to me, that is fine. Or post it here if others would benefit from the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:52 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top