U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 PM

1,885 posts, read 2,288,107 times

Advertisements

I'm disappointed that the Sheriff hasn't said any more about this in the past week.

I drove the most likely route that Andrea would nave taken. Keep in mind that the Sheriff did say they had video from a store and that the husband said that her daughter had a fever. I believe that Andrea stopped at the Walmart on 168th and Maple to get some medicine for the girl. Walmart has video everywhere. I think that she was carjacked in the parking lot.

There have been reports of groups of 2 -3 hanging out at Walmart for the purpose of theft/robbery. They have been reported in several Midwestern cities. They hang in one city until they feel that its too hot and then leave the area for a new location. Their MO is to have one of them go into the store and scout a possible target while the others stay in the parking lot. The scout in the store will watch and maybe even talk to a prospect to see if they would be approachable in the parking lot later. If the scout talks to the women and she is friendly then when she leaves the store the scout will approach her again to ask a question and that's when the other members of the gang jump her.

Days before Andrea was killed I witnessed this activity at the Walmart on 180th and Center.

As far as the car fire, I saw on the video on WOWT that the SUV had the windows closed. Most fires inside a car would be snuffed out if the windows are closed. Whom ever did this is not a very smart guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 10:09 PM

116 posts, read 235,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
I'm disappointed that the Sheriff hasn't said any more about this in the past week.

I drove the most likely route that Andrea would nave taken. Keep in mind that the Sheriff did say they had video from a store and that the husband said that her daughter had a fever. I believe that Andrea stopped at the Walmart on 168th and Maple to get some medicine for the girl. Walmart has video everywhere. I think that she was carjacked in the parking lot.

There have been reports of groups of 2 -3 hanging out at Walmart for the purpose of theft/robbery. They have been reported in several Midwestern cities. They hang in one city until they feel that its too hot and then leave the area for a new location. Their MO is to have one of them go into the store and scout a possible target while the others stay in the parking lot. The scout in the store will watch and maybe even talk to a prospect to see if they would be approachable in the parking lot later. If the scout talks to the women and she is friendly then when she leaves the store the scout will approach her again to ask a question and that's when the other members of the gang jump her.

Days before Andrea was killed I witnessed this activity at the Walmart on 180th and Center.

As far as the car fire, I saw on the video on WOWT that the SUV had the windows closed. Most fires inside a car would be snuffed out if the windows are closed. Whom ever did this is not a very smart guy.

Why do you think that they chose to shoot her as opposed to just rob her? Do you think that she fought back? Also, there was video footage of two people breaking in to a business recently. It was pretty good security camera footage. Police were asking the public to identify the suspects but they believed that they were from a different city.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:16 PM

16,703 posts, read 8,536,456 times
They have a suspect now... He's so nasty looking they could put him in prison based on that alone. I know you cant lock people up for looking repulsive.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM

1,885 posts, read 2,288,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaha View Post
Why do you think that they chose to shoot her as opposed to just rob her? Do you think that she fought back? Also, there was video footage of two people breaking in to a business recently. It was pretty good security camera footage. Police were asking the public to identify the suspects but they believed that they were from a different city.
Yes, I think she decided to fight back and there is also the possibility is that she had a hand gun and tried to shot them and they took it away from her.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 PM

116 posts, read 235,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
They have a suspect now... He's so nasty looking they could put him in prison based on that alone. I know you cant lock people up for looking repulsive.

Yeah I saw that. Although, they are not calling him (and his sister) suspects yet. But they are questioning.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:56 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,464,141 times
I'm sorry but this is bullchip. This guy was on early release due to prison over crowding.

We're putting guys in prison for a year for failure to pay child support while violent offenders are getting out early. While I realize dead beat dads are a problem, what sense does it make to lock them up, give them three squares a day and a record that will make it harder for them to find employment?

We need some other form of punishment for non-violent offenders so we can be assured this kind of scum is kept away from the public. I can't believe our lawmakers aren't capable of prioritizing offenses and knowing which criminals pose a risk to society. When child molesters are getting the same sentence as a man that can't pay child support there is a major problem.

Why not have non-violent offenders do community service such as mowing or picking up trash, rather than spending so much to house them? I can't believe it wouldn't be much cheaper to have a crew supervise non-violent offenders on the outside and make them be productive rather than taking up space for those that pose a major risk to society.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,675,314 times
Jenkins Charged With 4 Counts Of Murder - www.kmtv.com

Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM

906 posts, read 1,534,214 times
Sounds like they have very little evidence other than the guy looks the part.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,675,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
Sounds like they have very little evidence other than the guy looks the part.
That's not really true, it seems that they do..

Quote:
High-powered hunting ammunition — the type typically used in deer hunting — might have been used in the killings of four people in Omaha, including Andrea Kruger, during a 10-day spree in August.
Investigators have connected the 12-gauge Magnum slugs to at least some of the four slayings they believe might be linked.

Jenkins' friend Christine S. Bordeaux is accused of illegally buying two boxes of Brenneke Classic Magnum 12-gauge ammunition — commonly known to hunters as “deer slugs” — on Aug. 2 at Canfield's Sporting Goods, 8457 West Center Road.

Authorities are scrutinizing similarities between the Aug. 21 slaying of Kruger near 168th and Fort Streets, the Aug. 19 slaying of Curtis Bradford near 18th and Clark Streets, and the Aug. 11 slayings of Jorge Cajiga-Ruiz and Juan Uribe-Pena in South Omaha's Spring Lake Park, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM

906 posts, read 1,534,214 times
So then anyone who has a 12 guage Magnum is guilty of these murders? Unless you're telling me there's a direct forensics match using ballistic fingerprinting, that isn't evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or