Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 07:48 PM

35 posts, read 59,206 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

So I moved here in May of this yr for school and am living here and loving it ( I hope winter will be okay)!! My mom is thinking about moving here too ( again from Brooklyn, NY), and she wants an apartment with a pool. Going online and searching for apartments w pools directs me to the Southwest Omaha area and then you google search those apartments from rent lists and most of them turn out to have HORRIBLE reviews from previous tenants. I am asking YOU for recommendations of not just an apartment w a pool but it should be walking distance to a fairly frequent bus line that goes downtown and walking distance to a supermarket/shopping center. My mother will not be driving either.I have already gotten three recommendations that fit the above criteria so there maybe a few more out there.

Also, she will be coming in a few weeks- we will need help driving to see these apartments- if anyone is interested in getting paid to drive us around, or knows anyone that would be, please inbox me.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 12:25 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,654,549 times
What is her budget? There are some apartment complexes in Aksarben Village with pools. Those would be much better when it comes to bus service, and closer to downtown, plus much much more walkable. There's a grocery store right in the development and everything.

Pinhook Flats:
Pinhook Flats - Home

And Broadmoor (which has a bigger pool):
Broadmoor at Aksarben Village Apartments - Omaha, NE 68106 | Apartments for Rent

And a map of the two. (Pinhook is in on top, Broadmoor is on bottom.)

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=aksar...raska&t=h&z=18

Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 AM

Budget is $600 max and I have heard it is definitely possible...Aksarben however is out on that budget...I am aware...

Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,654,549 times
Ok so by doing some searching here I found this place:

Crosswinds Apartments

Right close to the university, just northeast of 72nd and Pacific so the bus should be accessible.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:43 AM

380 posts, read 996,847 times
$600 month apartments around Omaha will typically give you bad reviews. Those are the places that have rude tenants, people with pets that are not cleaned up after, loud music, smoking in the halls, theft, lack of parking...you get the idea. More $ like $1,000+ will eliminate some but not all. Remember too....most people get on those reviews to complain and get their rant out of their system. Not many folks like to take a moment out of their day and praise someone or a company for a job well done. Just my 2 cents!

Old 09-26-2013, 03:35 PM

10 posts, read 9,549 times
Grandridge Apartments. Some people will disagree, but I would definitely add them to your list. It's right behind Wal-Mart on 99th, bus lines around the complex and there is a pool.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:27 PM

147 posts, read 257,921 times
She's not going to get an apartment with a pool for $600, less it's a dump with a kiddie pool out back.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 PM

8 posts, read 10,332 times
Maple Ridge off of 108th & Maple recently got renovated. They have a decent outdoor pool and I think they are in the $600 range...maybe a little less.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 PM

147 posts, read 257,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNMC View Post
Maple Ridge off of 108th & Maple recently got renovated. They have a decent outdoor pool and I think they are in the $600 range...maybe a little less.
It got renovated because all teh Section 8 tenants destroyed the place. And they will again. But feel free to encourage new people to move there.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 PM

I have found like six apartment complexes that are all $600 or less that have gotten so-so-to-good reviews...None of them are listed above, but I will consider your recommendations...Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: