Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM

18 posts, read 46,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
The people i know are in Omaha.
Hmm... That is what has me nervous. I don't have any issue with Cox at this point, other than the price... and it sounds like they are willing to deal in that area to keep me as a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1234 View Post
i have had prism for 2 weeks now. everything has been working great. im paying like 160ish for premium cable tv with hbo thats 3 recievers with the dvr and 100mb down 40mb up internet. the only issue i have had is that the fiber cable has not been buried in my yard yet. i think cox could do a better price but i was ready to give this a try and i might up my internet speed if i can convince my wife to ditch the tv service.
That's roughly what I pay now, although for internet and one receiver. I'm hearing rumors that CenturyLink is offering the 1Gigabit internet service and Prism package for like $130 for 2 years; That would be a great deal if true (and if the service lives up to the sales pitch). I'd LOVE to cut the cord and go 100% internet, but there still isn't a good workaround for local sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
Am I correct that the Big 10 network is not being offered by Centurylink (Prism)? If it isn't, I can imagine the lack of interest it will generate in Omaha.
According to their site they do offer it, although I think you might have to pay for a mid-tier package to get it. I don't think that is any different than Cox though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,883 times
i have big 10 in hd but i'm on the mid tier package.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,404 times
Default century link internet

We've had the super fast internet and love it. we stream and play xbox one both at the same time and never experience a slow down. The promotion package we got was 30 a month and when it ran out we just requested it again. I haven't experienced prism tv yet however, but I'm tempted to try it too.

I'd highly recommend the G internet especially for those who have a need for speed.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 956 times
I have had CenturyLink for 8 months and it has been wonderful!! So I decided to add another box to my sons room.... Honeymoon over! They gave us a window of 9am-1pm for the installer to come. First day this happened I called and they said it'd be more like 1:30 or two before they got to there. I had to get to work so I asked them to come another day on the weekend (two weeks out) and they agreed. This time they said 9am-1pm with the install complete by 3pm. It's 1:30pm and still no installer. I couldn't get ahold of anyone on the phone since it was the weekend so I had to do chat. They said the time commitment was 9am-3pm.... Needless to say instead of dropping a box off I'm going to have him take all the boxes with him. I'm so unhappy with customer service in the Omaha area that I am going off the cable grid because none of these companies deserve my hard earned money for their half ass service.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:10 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,552 times
If you're thinking about switching to Century Link, do it. You won't be sorry.

Had Cox for a few years but just switched to Century Link a couple months ago. Why? Cox raised our rates twice in a year, then took away the MLB network and the NFL network. Cox internet speeds were hardly better than dial-up, and would often lose a connection.

With Century Link we have hundreds more channels, a DVR which changed our life, all the Showtime channels, Encore, Starz, and MLB network and NFL network. The price is far less than Cox, and the internet load speeds are near instant.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 833 times
I love my prism service. We do get the bug 10 networks and the net works great. Prism has been far better than cox. The only issue is with century link. Prism and century link are almost two different companies. If I have a technical issue I need to call prism. If I have a billing question I need to call century link. Now here is the only problem I have. The price is better than cox, with better service, but the century link people are idiots. My bill is still cheaper than cox, but CenturyLink still can't get it right. It's funny when they over charge me, it's still cheaper thst it was with cox, and we have added 2 tvs, and faster streaming. The idiots at CenturyLink are worth dealing with when compared to how bad I was getting screwed by cox (no pun intended)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: